POST Craigslist ads here...

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

$2000 for an engine?- it better be well built for that price:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/3022576796.html

This thing is at an estate sale and the ad says it has a turbo... It won't sell for 2k so someone local should flash $75 and take it home and see what it really is. Might be a diamond in the rough. The sale has been extended thru tomorrow. ;)

Oh well back on the hunt for something else... I dont have a lot of cash right now anyway so Im sure this is for the best. It might be better if I piece it together and build it myself... I wish people on CL would stop thinking that just because its 40yrs old it worth a crap ton of money.

I'm sure If you brought cash in hand flashing $800 or even up to $1000 in the owner's face you can take it home. The advantage is that it doesn't run so that leaves room to negotiate a fair price.

Seriously? Seriously? That would be like trying to stiff this guy.

You all know it is worth about $2500 at least! Who cares if it is not running. Another L16 or even KA is super easy to come by. Specially for you guys. The grill pieces, trim, fenders and hood alone are worth almost $1000.

Some of you go off the deep end saying someones a weasle for getting a good price and Mega Flipping 610 Bluebird and then turn around and try to do the same with a pretty clean 68 wagon from a guy. You all are amazing sometimes! Just saying. hahaha lol Had to pull the covers on this one... No mad.

• Like 4

Seriously? Seriously? That would be like trying to stiff this guy.

You all know it is worth about $2500 at least! Who cares if it is not running. Another L16 or even KA is super easy to come by. Specially for you guys. The grill pieces, trim, fenders and hood alone are worth almost $1000.

Some of you go off the deep end saying someones a weasle for getting a good price and Mega Flipping 610 Bluebird and then turn around and try to do the same with a pretty clean 68 wagon from a guy. You all are amazing sometimes! Just saying. hahaha lol Had to pull the covers on this one... No mad.

Not even trying to stiff the guy at all, if he wanted more for it or knew it was worth more then $1500 would of been more like $3000 but then again this was a car being sold in Oregon not California or it would of been double the price if not more. I just threw a low ass offer anyway just because I knew the guy would probably never take $1000 even less $800, $1500 is a pretty sweet price as it is. Sucks when us locals guys are trying to buy it and give the owner a good offer gets turned down all because someone from California told him it was worth $3000 instead of $1500 just saying!

• Like 2

I do think it would have been a crime to give or even offer the guy less than asking price for it, for sure. If any of you had the chance to get it and didn't because he didn't take your insulting, low-ball offer, you ought to be ashamed of your parents for raising such a retarded child.

However, I think it's also a dick move for someone who doesn't have time to get it(too busy, too far away, etc..), or the funds to do so to go meddling and basically screw potential buyers who ARE able just because the greedy bastard can't have it. If it were concerning a woman, that would be what's known as a "cock-block".

If you "locals" would have seen the deal that it was, you should have been tripping over yourself to get there with the money. I was 6 hours away and debating driving through the night and being there in the morning with cash in hand. The way I see it, anybody that was within 2 hours driving distance and didn't hop on it immediately BLEW IT.

Doesn't matter, though; seems to no longer be for sale. End of story.

Bury it, stop sniveling, and move on.

• Like 4

I do think it would have been a crime to give or even offer the guy less than asking price for it, for sure. If any of you had the chance to get it and didn't because he didn't take your insulting, low-ball offer, you ought to be ashamed of your parents for raising such a retarded child.

However, I think it's also a dick move for someone who doesn't have time to get it(too busy, too far away, etc..), or the funds to do so to go meddling and basically screw potential buyers who ARE able just because the greedy bastard can't have it. If it were concerning a woman, that would be what's known as a "cock-block".

If you "locals" would have seen the deal that it was, you should have been tripping over yourself to get there with the money. I was 6 hours away and debating driving through the night and being there in the morning with cash in hand. The way I see it, anybody that was within 2 hours driving distance and didn't hop on it immediately BLEW IT.

Doesn't matter, though; seems to no longer be for sale. End of story. This bickering has now crossed over pointlessness, we've all had our chance to rant. Bury it; let's move on.

The person who got it was out of state and offered the owner way more than what I was could afford right now. I wasn't gonna fight the price anyway because once the guy was told it was worth more my offer would of been rejected. There will always be another for sale so I ain't mad at all. At the end it's who is got deeper pockets and knows how to buy I for one ain't all that good with money but I could have gotten it if the guy wouldn't have been flooded with phone calls before I called.

It's all good though, I'm not even gonna add wood to the fire when it's already put out. :D

• Like 1

Ebay:

1974 DATSUN B210 FASTBACK SCCA RACE CAR

Has small bumpers, and complete interior! Also comes with a complete parts car too. Located in Ontario California.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-Other-1974-DATSUN-B210-FASTBACK-SCCA-RACE-CAR-/270982094698?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3f17ca9f6a#ht_597wt_1034

• Like 1

Ebay:

1974 DATSUN B210 FASTBACK SCCA RACE CAR

Has small bumpers, and complete interior! Also comes with a complete parts car too. Located in Ontario California.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...a#ht_597wt_1034

Gah! too far away from me! I'd skip eating for a few weeks if it wasn't across the country. I'd drive that Bad Oscar to work!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.