what do you guy/gals think about this 720?

2002jm

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, bananahamuck said:

It's a 620 ,, but i would think if those carbs are actual Solex and still good ,, those and intake are worth close to  the $1200. they are asking . 

2 hours ago, Thomas Perkins said:

A money pit.

It's probably worth the money or maybe more, to part out.  Agree with Perkins, nothing but a money pit, if you try to get it back on the road.

It's consistent with being a '75 regular cab short wheelbase. Body looks good for a mid '70s. The 720 started in '1980. The '75 had the co-joined intake and exhaust so curious how the exhaust hole was sealed. I would pull those carbs off (pain in the ass complicated) and sell them to get some money back. '75s had front drum brakes so they will need attention.

$1,200 is ok if it runs

I've had my 85 for 29 years.I have spent a fortune on it.I will die with it.I am the type to spend and do it right the first time.When I bought it in 94,it was in great shape.Not long after,the carb went bad.I have almost replaced everything.I didn't know anything about Nissan's when I bought it.I paid 3500 back then for it.It had 108,000 miles on it.Now has 390,000 on it.Not the same engine or transmission.Better to find one in better shape.There's a lot of Datsun and Nissan trucks for sale in good shape.What ever you do,do not put a stock carb back on it.You will always have problems with it.It was not a well-thought  idea back in the day  how they made these carbs.They are junk.Even the Mechanics at the Nissan Dealership told me when  I asked them to rebuild my carb right after  I got it.They actually told me to get a Weber.So I did.My 720 is way better than new.

FB_IMG_1701725624407.jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins