1972 510 wagon turn signals blink very slowly.

rosso

All bulbs work. Brake/rear lights work, 4-way flasher does not work at all.

Any suggestions on where to look for a problem?

Also, I am missing the bulbs for the factory tach, I tried looking for them on the interweb but don't know the correct size.

Thanks.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AutoZone Novita brand heavy duty electronic flasher units (same turnsignal & hazard) part #EL12.  Period.  Done....................unless you have a more serious issue lurking about!!

Thanks TJ, I will buy two flashers at autozone tomorrow and install.

Are the stock flashers under the dashboard? and do you have a picture of what they look like? There appears to be more than two iirc.

Once I get everything working properly I want to replace the front turn signal bulbs with LED so the EL12 will be perfect.

Passenger side of the steering column and pedal bracket.

aoDvGkZ.jpg

Drivers side of the steering columnand pedal bracket.

QQDEga1.jpg

My dash is out so these were easy to get to. You will most likely have to go at this from underneath.

Drivers side from a little farther back.

FgKcJ1H.jpg

Edited by KELMO
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, rosso said:

Are the stock flashers under the dashboard? and do you have a picture of what they look like? There appears to be more than two iirc.

Once I get everything working properly I want to replace the front turn signal bulbs with LED so the EL12 will be perfect.

If your going with LEDs eventually i would grab an adjustable flasher unit..... I have no idea if that el12 flasher is load dependent or not or if the leds will effect the flash rate....

I think I was running the el12 before I added leds but I could be wrong....

• Like 1
19 hours ago, rosso said:

Both are under drivers side dash, around the steering column.  I would suggest simply replacing both at same time............they are cheap & have helped us out on MANY classic cars!

Hi All,

Got the two Novita EL12 relays installed and the turn signals now work much better - faster and brighter. Thanks for all the help.

New (rebuilt) turn signal installed also so it doesn't flop around so much and looks great. Thanks to Daniel for fast service.

4-way hazard flasher still not working so need help figuring out what to check next.

Thanks everyone for the help. If you have not seen my post of the car at Pacific Raceways for a lapping day - it was a blast and the car ran great with no issues.

Here's a link to the youtube video.

On 11/8/2023 at 8:48 PM, rosso said:

Hi All,

Got the two Novita EL12 relays installed and the turn signals now work much better - faster and brighter. Thanks for all the help.

New (rebuilt) turn signal installed also so it doesn't flop around so much and looks great. Thanks to Daniel for fast service.

4-way hazard flasher still not working so need help figuring out what to check next.

Thanks everyone for the help. If you have not seen my post of the car at Pacific Raceways for a lapping day - it was a blast and the car ran great with no issues.

Here's a link to the youtube video.

I will have a Wagon (not Sedan) hazard switch..................PM or text if interested!  Have you taken your hazard switch apart to check it?  They get gummed up, dirty & lose contact.