banjo bolt needed

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Dats_Mandersun_408 said:

anyone know where I can get a front brake banjo bolt? I have a 1972 521 pickup, thanks!

Usually they come with that tee that comes with the wheel cylinder..

Probably have to find them used....

I can look through my old parts and see if I still have them... 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Nope not gonna work....

I forgot they had the bleeder threaded into the banjo....

Looks like this....

Screenshot_20230802-111630_DuckDuckGo.thumb.jpg.5e7f0e971efa8371f310c42e183e0460.jpg

And dats_mandersun I'm not gonna have it mine were junk...

Converted to disk instead....

• Like 1

Banjos with bleeder do exist but I'd be concerned with length and the location of the cross hole....

Screenshot_20230802-112244_DuckDuckGo.thumb.jpg.9669a12686eac01a24138638d3fa8bfa.jpg

Might be best to buy new wheel cylinders with the fittings.....

That other picture came from parts available on ebay... just checked rockauto and the don't give you the tee or the bolt... make sure its listed on what ever you get....

You can also use the ones for the early 620, but you'll have to cut the end off the brake line and put a metric fitting on...

• Like 2
9 hours ago, datzenmike said:

The 620 used similar bolt. Not the same part number but can't see why they would change it.

The 620 had metric threads, the 521 had SAE threads, but you can use the early front 620 brake wheel cylinder on the 521 as long as you use the 521 fitting that the brake line connects to, it does not care if the banjo bolt has metric threads or a bleeder there also.

I have a few of them banjo bolts, but I do not know if they are SAE or Metric anymore, I do not have anything to compare them too as I have disc brakes on all my 520/521 trucks now.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Crashtd420 said:

Banjos with bleeder do exist but I'd be concerned with length and the location of the cross hole....

Screenshot_20230802-112244_DuckDuckGo.thumb.jpg.9669a12686eac01a24138638d3fa8bfa.jpg

Might be best to buy new wheel cylinders with the fittings.....

That other picture came from parts available on ebay... just checked rockauto and the don't give you the tee or the bolt... make sure its listed on what ever you get....

You can also use the ones for the early 620, but you'll have to cut the end off the brake line and put a metric fitting on...

thank you so much for the info! yea this is a tough bolt to find