Orange you glad it's not another 411 ?

bananahamuck

^^^ But for some crazy reason it involves one,, lol 

Some have seen this thing before .. it was sitting if field , new owners wanted to park a few logging trucks in that spot. Guy took forever to get back to us so i bought another coupe for $330.  ,, since i now had one neighbor Juan-ear bought it for $300. ..  He sent it through state patrol inspection and got it licensed in his name 3 years later... Car sat ever since because front frame rail under battery is toast,, like,, toast,, toast . Funny thing was even though it had sat in that field forever brakes and clutch worked , and i gave him carb and it ran normally.  gas tank was toast so that's a jerry rigged type thing but you could drive it if you weren't scared of right side of suspension falling off. 

Ok ,  

move forward last July(?)  a 67 SSS came up for sale near us that used to be a guys dads car,, we had heard about at Lefty's car meet one day.. Well,  he had moved it to very near us and actually put a price on it.  Juan didn't have the money , so i said he would be kicking himself if he didn't just buy it,  and i would loan him all the money.  He does work for me at my farm during cranberry season so i knew i would get most of it back without worry,, but honestly i wasn't worried as he's neighbor so where's he gonna go . 

he comes back with,,  he can trade some of money back for 1200 and an extra SD22 bellhousing i had for his tranny swap. 

So ,, i said fuck it . 

Brought it over day before my open heart quadruple bypass,  so if i felt better,  i could piddle with it.. But other than FAT510 driving it out of garage washing then driving back in ,, it just sits in garage for now .  

0NjrR6s.jpg

thme2YB.jpg

5mWEsaj.jpg

mzqWLIB.jpg

nzF4Zwp.jpg

pvFx5oX.jpg

I put up ad on facebook for an A series 5speed and B210GTX210 sold me one,, well, kinda....  😄

Vs7BuhR.jpg

2KZYfud.jpg

He also sold me A nicer rear bumper ,,

front bumper isn't as bad as it appears.. the part of vehicle it was supposed to be bolted to was missing 

Bumper that was very nice but went through a raging fire,, still really straight though.

nFEZXpw.jpg

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 2
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And on to the bad,, Frame rail needs a buncha help 

SnwyWcS.jpg

RCcPf4W.jpgAatr6Eh.jpg

Dash is a toaster biscuit

wB8iODm.jpg

Seats are pretty much used up 

VDKxQRo.jpg

Before i traded i asked around and only way i would trade is if i could get someone to weld in new front ,,,,,,, cheap.  ( remember the CABG thing??) 

After asking a couple people,,  ole Scalpum said he would do it for trade of a 56 Ford f100 that's just sitting there. 

might still end up doing it myself but that's where we are at right now.. 

WITH THIS .. and it's funny i have no pictures of actual front frame ,, haha 

body is getting cut off and sent to Canada 

H4EW2Pm.jpg

XPF8Ln2.jpg

And i have this dash laying on floor of my garage right now,, it's cracked a tiny bit but not like lunar landscape like other one

OmHRgzk.jpg

i also bought this up in Marysville for the 5speedit had,, running driving.. 

He Wanted quite a bit more than this cheap fucker was willing to pay,  soo after waiting a few weeks,,, i gave my man in Amsterdam a buzz and he went over and got it,, for a very good deal .  Cars getting stripped and shipped to Sutters in Tacoma so if you want something let me know. 

(EDIT)   Quite a few parts are already spoken for,, in trade for getting it,  

Thanks to PercytheAce for getting it and storing it at his place,, so i could wait a few weeks till i was able to actually travel that far.  
   and FAT510 for driving me up there and loading on trailer.. Since I couldn’t . 

jpbEmXO.jpg

For reference ,, the 411 that was bought/financed  

2sMedJQ.jpg

JpUbALB.jpg

Looks like this now,, parked with his other 411s 

O7qpHgK.jpg

X9GHN5M.jpg

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 5
  • 1 month later...

At least the floors look 

like shit 

apQiqpf.jpg

7YEyStM.jpg

The good part is , the wiring is still there so have something to zip tie the 1/4 plywood to ..  So I got that going for me 

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Haha 1
  • 1 month later...

Bought a recently passed fellow , Jim Clark’s 1200 2door sedan parts stash the other day. Was 2 heaping full size truck loads, windshields, trim, engines I believe 4 wiring harnesses. some coupe stuff , but member Scalp-‘em probably going to get some of that , if he needs . 

Figured might as well be all in since 2door sedan stuff is kinda hard to come by . 

both brothers , Ken and Byron were of much help in getting the stash , and that was much appreciated. 

pics as I unload and put in plastic bins 

• Like 1

1c8JcBH.jpg

aALCARI.jpg

YycYmlC.jpg

NOS hoses ,,, I would probably be scared to actually use,,,,, but cool nonetheless. 

0lEslN3.jpg

one of the brand new heads is kinda cool . 

uWmmH0H.jpg

s3ImB5t.jpg

a crap ton of other parts like stainless trim but these were the coolest 

AND - - - At the old school reunion on Sunday an old dude walked up us  and said the most preposterous thing….  Updates on that very soon 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, KELMO said:

An oval port head in the box...I hope you cried a little bit when you opened that.

pulp-fiction-briefcase.gif

It was said to be there before we even went down.  we finally found it under basement stair case. 

i waited more than a few days after he posted (in wrong b210 section) to let more local types,  a shot at the stuff,, but he then posted no-one was responding (even then,  i waited a few days)  ,,so i sent him a message   . since we just went through having to liquidate a couple estates lately and how too much stuff,  can be real chore to move, and time restraints with multiple family members ,  without ending up throwing away just to get done...  i didn't want to see that happen  with 1200 sedan stuff. 

He was also building an airplane in garage. 

. I got this cool street view, but leery to post till house is cleaned out of personal items .

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

doesn't look quite as bad without engine and wiring 

going load up with forklift of science and take over to pressure wash inside and under while it's still hot enough out to dry.. 

,,,,  mostly just removal of headlight buckets left to do 

7RCdXY0.jpg

6GcuBg6.jpg

KF2t0tA.jpg

other shit inside that needed removed to clean up old timey smells 

9Tnk7d8.jpg

WQsW4nN.jpg

Anyways ,, i got to get this piece of shit out of my garage to start on my middle sons 84 Celica head gasket so he can be part of the caravan in August. 

• Like 1

ok, end of topic hog for a bit as its being put in shipping container for a bit, waiting to get decision on front frame repair .  As some of you know Lil Scalpers health is sometimes kinda harsh lately.  

if you had smell-o-vision you would be able to tell it smells a ton better inside now though

ujwWjsl.jpg

Xz62zvr.jpg

lfMsG5X.jpg

These are floors i'm putting in when it comes back ,,, assuming it ever actually comes out of container again and leaves that is. They Are now cut away from that firewall but you get the fookin idea ,,, dumbass. 

Thanks to @Morrisun for sheet metals of science,, a a ton of other 1200 stuff. 

renIdpl.jpg

xUNXaOd.jpg

9kTyjGl.jpg

Anyways,, Do what my cardiologist suggests ,,  get off internet , get on tread mill , lose some weight cuz you're a fat ass 

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/19/2023 at 4:22 AM, KELMO said:

I think that may be the first one of those I've seen posted on this site.

On the list of cars I want but just can't have.

I honestly just wanted to buy a few trim parts.. Then self control went completely out the window .. haha 

before I bought it , I searched here for someone that might have parts closer than Australia.. came across a thread by a Canadian doing full rebuild but it’s not been updated in forever . Even same color blue . 

i will edit and link to it later when on PC 

We went to car show in Vancouber Canada eh,, and the car that won “our” class was a super nice red one . 

Edited by bananahamuck
On 8/19/2023 at 8:51 AM, graveltrapp said:

We need to have a PNW 1200 meetup before this happens again!!!

DEE35893-3F4D-43E5-96AD-2F89131D0B1F.heic 1.69 MB · 4 downloads

whoa!!  Jason sighting 

the picture link no workey 

you can uplink pics directly off phone now if you shrink them down . 
I personally put on instagram,, then screen shot , then edit out labels and text on my phone . Save , and it’s automatically small enough . 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2023 at 3:06 PM, Lachlan said:

That two-door 1200 just looks so right. I find their proportions can look a bit dumpy but that is a flattering angle with those wheel arches!

I would say it's more dwarfy than dumpy ... Following FAT510 in it on freeway,  we passed a truck hauling little off road vehicles,  and it is very small looking next to even those.

.and yes it did take me this long to find the picture,, haha 

P7XlF0u.jpg

Its kinda sad to think,  just those three side by sides being hauled , are worth probably double what i payed for my house and property in 1989 .

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 1

So instead of actually working on my Orange peeler,, i went with Juan-ear and the knucklehead brothers,  and picked this thing and it's very large parts stash up last Thursday.. Basically 2 cars less one body,, even 2 windshields  ,, titled and licensed,, no shit. 

And yes this very much has a orange 1200 sedan connection . we'll get to that shit in a second,,  first checkity- check these snaps ,, yo. .

Very little rust on any part of car . Floor board is rusted but it is removable like an older Ford ? Chevy truck ,, and yes got one of those also . , thing was very heavy for such a tiny thing. 4 of us barely got it out of there and to streets 

frjFUIB.jpg

BkJ3Z0P.jpg

lower frame has been  sandblasted already. 

htF14qZ.jpg

KN4JCxm.jpg

^^^^^  see the connection ??? 

unloading that night with Kubota of science 

6xe429w.jpg

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

hjY8qHe.jpg

Happy now?? 

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Got FAT510s 1200 sedan "Gary"  clogging up my wobbling outbuilding,  getting tranny rebuilt .. It hopped out of 3rd gear on occasion ,, rebuilder thought it was  syncro cluster but turned out  to be bent shifter arm.. weird. Got another 60 series for Orange sedan so now i have 3 so i can just use whole drivetrain straight out of green wagon into the blue 1000 now. 

I'm using green 210 drivetrain in blue 69 because i assume it will get far fewer road miles ever than the great goofy pumpkin.  And it runs drives now so if i never get around to it ,, it won't really matter. 

His is normal color,,,,  mine is,  Bill apparently being fucking hilarious ,, color . 

ehRsSzO.jpg

haha 

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 1