New to Me 710 Wagon

Picked up this nice rust-free 1975  710 wagon today in AZ. From what I've been able to determine, it has always been in either CA or AZ. Not running yet but it has been running and driving recently, so I'm sure it won't take much. Odometer shows 68K miles, which I believe is original based on the condition of the car. I'll be looking for a few parts so I'm wondering if anyone has a 710 wagon they are parting out. Those of you with a good eye will note that it has two different taillights, one all re, and one with an amber lower and red upper lens. I'm assuming they are from different years??? 

IMG_1425.jpg

IMG_1426.jpg

IMG_9017.jpg

IMG_9018.jpg

312712404_443273087910940_2511447021057139471_n.jpg

• Like 4
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you get closer each section of the dartboard has a different part listed on it. The dart board is an old school diagnostic device.

North American 710's were all red tail lights so this is perhaps from Europe. My early Canadian 510 had amber turn signals on the back but the US didn't.

SCORE! While cleaning out and vacuuming the car. I found $3.29 in change (so far), and believe it or not an unused VISA gift card for $100.00. Really fun to see what's the previous owners left behind. I once bought a 510 in PA and road tripped it all the way to AZ, only to discover a baggie of hash under the driver's seat when cleaning it up back home. Unsure what I would have told the officer had I been pulled over for speeding. The 620 I bought earlier this year had  an owner's manual and a ton of documentation in the glove box. Anybody else have a story about

a great find after getting your purchase home?  

Edited by Randalla

I thought that I had a light left over from when I parted out a '75 710 engine donor some thirty-odd years ago.  Turns out there was not only the LH tail light, but all the markers and turn  signal, backup lights as well as the tailgate bar.  Also have a roof rack and the front struts with hubs.

Datsunlights.thumb.jpg.6ba38edf3c3ee053fc1eeb8ed15291ef.jpg

• Like 1

Always search the glove box. Owners buy small parts and never get around to fitting them. Glass fuses in box is common. Got a new U joint once. My 620 was $100. A friend mentioned his co worker had it for sale. I sent him to pick it up. He came back with $25 and the truck. Bargained down for $75 on my behalf. Found $2 coin under driver's seat so truck was $73.

• 2 weeks later...

Reminds me of my sister's 75 710 2 door that I think was a slightly lighter shade of blue (maybe faded).  A friend and I painted it Porsche Minerva blue.  Had to fix the terrible positive camber in the front of that car with the offset front mounts Nissan offered.

Yours is looking really nice already. Congrats.

I have shorter Maxima struts and it's lowered which aggravates the camber even more. I set to ride height with wheel off and a magnetic torpedo level on my rotor. With the Moog camber plates jammed over fully and the offset top hats it's just barely vertical.   

• Like 1