What is the name of this interior part that covers the vin on the dash?

Retro Wave

hi, i was wonder what is the name of this part? Im try googling it and view tons of pictures but i didn't find it anywhere and wanted to see if they sell it online. its where the vin plate sits on the dash; its almost like a cover with the vin visible. My cover is missing and wanted to replace it.  Any help i would appreciate it.

here is an example of someones vin, i yellowed the part that i need - its like a cap or a cover

download.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't think you will find that as a replacement part, as it is plastic welded/melted to the metal insert plate (at least on the 510).  I knocked mine off last week coincidentally while installing the metal trim and had to glue it back on.

Looks like a good opportunity for the 3D print gurus.

I guess you could call it a VIN window or chassis number window.

Edited by iceman510
  • Like 2

I should have some trashed/rusty metal panels.......maybe I can "cut" it off (it is plastic welded in place as mentioned above ^^^^^, so you would have to glue/epoxy it back in place) OR I might have a good left side with that bezel in place.  I sandblast & paint with SEM Trim Black (aerosol)..........you paint both sides so they match.

PM if interested!

TJ

Just now, yenpit said:

I should have some trashed/rusty metal panels.......maybe I can "cut" it off (it is plastic welded in place as mentioned above ^^^^^, so you would have to glue/epoxy it back in place) OR I might have a good left side with that bezel in place.  I sandblast & paint with SEM Trim Black (aerosol)..........you paint both sides so they match.

PM if interested!

TJ

Ooops!  Do you have a B210 or a 510?  I will only have 510, not B210!  It is possible that the plastic bezel is the same, but the metal panels will NOT be the same............

• Like 1