The blue Wagon

My buddy has been daily driving this wagon for around 3 years+ It is dropped 4". Anyone with a wagon knows that is a bumpy ride. We have been talking about raising the tranny/driveline tunnel. The brake line wore through from the exhaust so we decide there is no time like the present :D I have a few pics to.

IMG00170.JPG.jpg

IMG00171.JPG.jpg

IMG00172.JPG.jpg

There is still tons of work to do.. but its a start....

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff how is the back lowered now? Blocks & a leaf removed or are all the leafs still intact? Have you guys thought about doing a simple "C" notch to keep the axle from banging against the frame? The tunnel will be kool when it's done, i take it it has a 1 piece shaft ? Keep the pics coming.

Being unibody makes it tuff to C notch. I think raising the tunnel and remove all 3 of the bump stops. There is also a extra piece for the bump stops to hit welded to the "frame rail" I am going to remove those to. We would go lower but the way wagons are setup it would be tuff to get it any lower with a decent ride qualitly. Plus its not my rig so I don't want to talk him into something he may regret. I think it sits nice. O and he wants to keep the back seat too.

does he want the 'seat' functional or the fold down the back so the cargo area is still useable.

an idea i had was to remove the bottom part of the seat (keeping the metal portion for the back support) and build in a storage and relocate the battery there.

does he want the 'seat' functional or the fold down the back so the cargo area is still useable.

an idea i had was to remove the bottom part of the seat (keeping the metal portion for the back support) and build in a storage and relocate the battery there.

Yeah we are going to do something to like that, I don't think the seat will flip up after we cut the middle out but it will look write :) with the back of the seat folded down it gives you tons of room.

Yep kevin it does smell of DNB :)

I'm going to do the same thing to a friends Toylet soon. There are dents from where the rear U-joint has hit the tunnel...kinda scary. Can we see some outside photo's, I want to know what a 4" drop looks like an a 'goon.

ps-Toyota+Starlet=Toylet

Oh yeah it's been awhile since I had my wagon & forgot theyre uni-bodies. You could build a basic 2 link w/ a panhard but then youd have to bag or air shock it.

I don't mind the unibody, Its just not my rig so I don't want to make it to wild you know. He has been daily driving if for to long with no suspension. He told me he doesn't know what to expect. His quote "so afterwards its still going to be bumpy right?" I was like "No!" he looked puzzled haha I can't wait to see the look on his face when we take it for a test spin :D

I really want to bag it! He doesn't make that much money and he really just wants it to drive straight and have a decent stereo. You will see what I mean in the next couple pics. We are cryloning it :D yeah

Ummmm D&B != techno

I forgot you are a fan of D&B to :D

I'm going to do the same thing to a friends Toylet soon. There are dents from where the rear U-joint has hit the tunnel...kinda scary. Can we see some outside photo's, I want to know what a 4" drop looks like an a 'goon.

ps-Toyota+Starlet=Toylet

haha at first I was like WTF??? I see Toyota hehe. I will post pics of his tunnel :eek: Its bad! just think 3 years to south Oregon a few times...

I will post a outside pic when we set it back on the ground, hopefully soon!

We need to get some bass in that dragin wagon. I've got a box I made for a single 12" I need to get rid of. Its custom made by Bleach so its a really nice one.

OOWWW he would love that, maybe I could dig up an amp, I have a really long RCA I've been saving to :D All the carpet is torn out, perfect time to run the stereo wires :cool:

He is painting it green! I think it looks cool. I'm all about the rattle can paint jobs though :)

IMG00174.JPG.jpg

IMG00173.JPG.jpg

I got a pic of him working :D

IMG00175.JPG.jpg

It looks good with a little paint on it :D The support isn't as big as it originally was... once the seat is over it no one will know :D

The paint doesnt' look too bad although I would have taken 20 seconds to remove the rear marker instead of just masking over it which takes longer. :)

Does Jesse have a 12 inch speaker?

The box is bare wood so he can either put carpet over it or paint it unless he likes the natural wood color.

Got some more photo's for you guys :D I going to apply at DGR soon :)

IMG00176.JPG.jpg

IMG00178.JPG.jpg

IMG00177.JPG.jpg

Yeah thats 8th inch galvanized baby! I plan for the future, lets see rust has to say about that!

The paint doesnt' look too bad although I would have taken 20 seconds to remove the rear marker instead of just masking over it which takes longer. :)

Does Jesse have a 12 inch speaker?

The box is bare wood so he can either put carpet over it or paint it unless he likes the natural wood color.

It doesn't come with a speaker? he needs a speaker!!

Welding galvanized? cough cough

yeah dont forget to hold your breath Icehouse.. Wouldnt want ya tearing up those pink lungs

yeah galvy is yuck!!! I smoked for 7 years they are nothing close to pink.... well I haven't smoked for the last year almost to the date. Sometimes I have one just for old times :)

For future reference with the glavanized...

Grind about 1" in from where you ar welding to remove the coating and the fumes won't be so bad. You can also use muratic acid (I think that's what it is) to clean the edges of galvanizing as well.

Looks good :D