Replacing stock 510 brake callipers

Payco

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The same calipers were used on the early 610 through '73.

Both the 610 through '74 and the 710 through '75 used a similar looking caliper. My '74 710 still have the wedge shaped pads. Aren't the 510 pads wedge shape???

'74 710.

5qpOVsx.jpg

With anti rattle covers on.

a3spuT7.jpg

Might be worth looking into. After '74 on the 610 and '75 on the 710 the calipers changed and the wedge pads were not used.

• Like 2

Calipers are getting rare, including the reman market.  I probably have a couple I could part with, but they would likely need rebuilding.  Probably can do that with your own.

Edited by iceman510
word correction
  • Thanks 1

Thankyou guys. I have found a company in the UK who will strip and rebuild and paint for £75 per caliper plus £8. if they have to custom make the pistons. I have got someone in the UK possibly helping me out with replacement discs and I have the rear brake cylinders and shoes online as they are the same as the UK Triumoh Herald. Thanks as always for your very kind assistance.it would appear the SA  510 has some variances of its own 

Martin 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Payco said:

Thankyou guys. I have found a company in the UK who will strip and rebuild and paint for £75 per caliper plus £8. if they have to custom make the pistons. I have got someone in the UK possibly helping me out with replacement discs and I have the rear brake cylinders and shoes online as they are the same as the UK Triumoh Herald. Thanks as always for your very kind assistance.it would appear the SA  510 has some variances of its own 

Martin 

Who's the UK company Martin....I  may need them too going forwards..?

Cheers,

JK

• Like 1