1980 broken fan

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 3/21/2022 at 7:28 PM, Veraciousreasoning said:

The damn fan on my 1980 720 broke. I knew it was going to happen as since I've had it the fan had a huge crack on one of the blades. Anyone know where I can find one that would work? from blade tip to blade tip its 14 inches. 

It seems like one thing after another with your 1980 king cab. Since your a fellow Idahoan, I will save you from it. Trade for a non running but much newer 1984 king cab with the parts to get it going and some cash to get it going.

• Haha 1

Grab a good clutch fan for any L or Z series (z series preferred as the well is deeper) and cut the clutch off as in this write-up: Clutch Fan Mod for electric fans

and strap yourself some electric fans in. Not only do you get POSSIBLY 1 more MPG, living in a cooler area as you do it will get to temp quicker! I have done this to many many many Datsuns, and it is always a win! 

Edited by Logical1
3 hours ago, frankendat said:

It seems like one thing after another with your 1980 king cab. Since your a fellow Idahoan, I will save you from it. Trade for a non running but much newer 1984 king cab with the parts to get it going and some cash to get it going.

I am confused by this statement. You want to give me a non-working 1984 king cab with the parts to fix it and pay me? lol 

3 hours ago, frankendat said:

Also my truck runs great. The fan had a crack in it and when I was doing some work under the hood i knocked into it and it broke. It didn't break while driving or anything just my stupidity. Since you live in Boise we should meet up. I'll drive my truck and we can talk datsuns lol 

Would be way easier if you take a picture of your fan and post it. 

We have had a few 80 720s here but just to make sure we are looking around for same unit.. ... 

I could also ask Tdaaj but having a picture to flash at him is way easier than guessing . 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, bananahamuck said:

Would be way easier if you take a picture of your fan and post it. 

We have had a few 80 720s here but just to make sure we are looking around for same unit.. ... 

I could also ask Tdaaj but having a picture to flash at him is way easier than guessing . 

Yeah probably a good idea. I'll do it when the sun is up and after work

• Like 1

Just got the new fan off of EBAY

The seller said it would fit my 1980 and the pictures and dimensions were right. 

Get the fan and the holes were in the wrong place and the base was to large to put on normally. Because of the large base it actually would hit a couple parts of the surrounding engine. 

Modified it, flipped it so now it sits a little closer to the radiator and now it works. 

Felt good to see the fan move but now it makes a strange sound. I think it has to do with the fan being reversed so it is sitting on the bearing weird. It will due until I find a 1980 in a junkyard with a fan. 

• Like 1