Is it possible to hook up 720 power steering pump to l20b

Datsunl20bswap

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The L20B never had PS in the 620 or 720 so there is no where to connect it to. Unless you make your own mount for it. Here is a 720 PS pump, the kind with the fender mounted reservoir, on a home made mount where the air pump would normally be.

qIpApNv.jpg

This was in my '78 620. I used a 280zx PS box and the 620 pitman arm fit right on.

It seems possible that with an electric fuel pump and a mechanical fuel pump block of plate, the 720 pump and bracket might be able to bolt on to an L head? No promises though.

However, in today's market, I think it makes more sense to look at something like a Prius electric power steering column mated to your existing stuff.  But if you have the power steering box you need, you could also investigate electric power steering pumps.  Volvo and MB use them, as well as others. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Lockleaf said:

It seems possible that with an electric fuel pump and a mechanical fuel pump block of plate, the 720 pump and bracket might be able to bolt on to an L head?

I was thinking the same thing. The fuel pump side shouldn’t be a problem, not sure about where it bolts to the front of the head. Also the pump bolts to the alternator bracket and whether or not that will work on the L motor, I’m not sure.

• Like 1

I have pulled a 2009 Nissan Versa EPS for modding into a 720.  I have trouble putting Honda parts in my Nissans and Datsuns.  Just not right when the are Nissan parts available.  It cost me $67 and a couple hours to pull it.  I will do the first one this fall on my 86 720 king cab 2wd and then do my 84 720 king cab ST and my 66 520 with the 80 720 2wd chassis under it.