Seb's Intro

Hi,

Seb, 45 from France.

Happy owner of 77 280Z "stolen" from US market when my middle age crisis started.

Then tried SRL roadster (also stolen) that i finally sold to an nice Nissan/Datsun lover that wanted her much more than me...so i might be a little bit crazy, yes.

Since last week end, i am also a proud owner of 1600 SSS that had been "stolen" before from Portugal market.  

Will try to find what i need in the previous post and avoid posting something that has been already discussed many times. But might happen!

Looking forward to discover your community!

Seb

• Like 2
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not know that.

Steering wheel on the left side, which is the right side for me! 

South African car? Sold in Portugal for sure.

Chassis 173795, engine L16.631113

I will keep this car as stock as possible.

Will also look in the forum for the following upgrades:

Switch from 4 to 5 gear box without major transmission mods if possible. 

Secure brakes/shocks

Perhaps change wheels and lower it a little

Rebuild the L16 one of these days

Add some secure belts 

Would take and reco regarding what's above from you guys!!!

There are not so many around here

You guys are the experts!

• Like 1

South Africa assembled the 510 coupe from a knock down kit to avoid importation fees. Some may have found their way north to you. I think a member from Portugal has one. Maybe that was England who got a South African one from Portugal? A true 510 Coupe from Japan would be right hand drive. If from SA they might be LHD. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Draker said:

Bienvenue!

J'avais l'intention de visiter la France le mois prochain, mais COVID a annulé ce voyage... encore une fois.

20 minutes ago, Draker said:

yeah, like Michael said "you are not alone"...where did you intend to go? I am near Marseille city, in the French "Cali"

6 hours ago, Labubre said:

yeah, like Michael said "you are not alone"...where did you intend to go? I am near Marseille city, in the French "Cali"

Touristy places. Paris and we have some family near there we were trying to meet up with. Maybe next year!

• Like 1
On 6/16/2021 at 7:57 PM, carterb said:

Post a picture of your 1600 SSS.

Mike, European LHD 1600 SSS cars were 4drs.  Remember, not all Bluebird SSS cars are coupes and not all coupes are SSS.  I believe all coupes are RHD however.

--carter

Yup true coupes are JDM and thus LHD. South Africa made them, (assembled them) and not a lot known about them.

The 1600SSS throws me off. I thought the L16SSS was a special coupe engine with dual SUs, higher compression flattop pistons and the 219 closed chamber head. Is the 1600SSS a trim option?

IMG-3985.jpg

This looks like a '69 PL510 4 door sedan.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Labubre said:

I impressed myself by creating an URL for the first time in my life and then you came and ruin all my efforts! 

How did you do that?

I just went to your link, copied and paste

That's all

Welcome to the Ratsun! 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Yup true coupes are JDM and thus LHD. South Africa made them, (assembled them) and not a lot known about them.

The 1600SSS throws me off. I thought the L16SSS was a special coupe engine with dual SUs, higher compression flattop pistons and the 219 closed chamber head. Is the 1600SSS a trim option?

This looks like a '69 PL510 4 door sedan.

...JDM and thus RHD

...South Africa made them also.

Bluebirds had many trim levels including DX (Deluxe), GL (Grand Luxury), SSS (Super Sports Sedan) and possibly unbadged standard, like what we received here in the US.  Three is also SPORT badging but I'm unclear what that means or if it was just an appearance package.  Today in the US, the "SPORT" model is usually the bottom end, but who knows what it meant in Japan 50 years ago.

Bluebirds/510's were sold in Australia, UK, and Europe as a 1600 in RHD and LHD depending on the country.  SSS was a trim level in the UK and Europe.  I don't know if it included the SU carbs like the Bluebirds.  We need Labubre to raise his hood and show off his engine compartment placard.  In the US, SSS was a badging option only.

The L16SSS were not special coupe engines.  4dr sedans could also be had in SSS with the same engine and carbs.

I don't know if 2dr Bluebird sedans or wagons were available in anything other than standard trim, 4drs had every option available, coupes were middle ground in that respect.

• Like 1