GL-4 only Gear Oil choices

matrophy

The choices at my local NAPA for GL-4 gear only oil with explicit references to yellow metal safe-ness are now dwindled down to one which is the Sta-Lube 85W-90. I decided to go ahead and use that since I don't really get a lot of cold weather that gets much below freezing.

I asked the advice of a guy who works at a Nissan dealer who is able to find lots of parts for 720's still.

Riley at Lynchburg Nissan in Virginia  -  his email is vintage@lynchburgnissan.com. Check him out if you're looking for parts

and he said that he had made up a list of GL-4 only choices and I attached it here. The list includes synthetics and apparently there is a school of thought that says synthetics don't work well so I'm personally sticking with non-synthetics. Technically, there were 2 choices at my local NAPA. They did have the Valvoline Syncromesh MTF 811095 but as I recall, the weight wasn't listed on the bottle nor is it listed in Valvoline's literature. If anyone knows if that is a viable option, I'd like to go forward with 2 choices.

GL4-only.pdf

• Like 1
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic