• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If it's food and from Cosco (Kirkland Brand) and it's imported but doesn't say where from I throw it away. My wife knows to look now before buying because it's easier than listening to me rant about China and corruption and food from there. Do you know what a bribe is called there? Fragrant grease. They have been perfecting it for 5 thousand years.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, gh0stwerx76 said:

Next time you all go to harbor freight, take a moment to silently praise yourself for the nice balloons you financed. Buy local and buy used, it supports your neighbors not hater nations and mega corporations. 

I have a code when I shop I call it ABC which means Anywhere But China if at all possible.

• Like 4

Not what I asked.

So... hows that working out? 'Spy balloons' invade and cross continental US air space unopposed. Obviously they were capable of shooting it down just on the wrong coast. Maybe they were following orders? Maybe politics was tying their hands? Maybe not a 'spy balloon'. Who knows.

• Like 2

My theory?  Many other countries and private research institutions possess the ability to track a high altitude balloon's maneuverability, detect multiple electronic forms of communication data transmission, and was reported a "surveillance balloon" long before the US did. I'm running under common knowledge that with any potential threat, intel is run up the chain of command by the Coast Guard, branches of the military, Homeland Security, NORAD, and up to the Pentagon. The POTUS receives a daily briefing on national security threats, viable strategic options and potential consequences. I assume that if it was a known spy balloon, we have the ability to mitigate it's surveillance, scramble data transmission, and gather valuable counter intel as it passed over North America before shooting it down. 

I don't trust my government or it's hyperbolic puppet show, but I do have faith in those who protect and defend this country. Regardless of any contempt we may have for this administration, I have a hard time believing the POTUS was briefed on a benign weather balloons, and advised to shoot them down to create an International incident. Who knows, maybe it was a false flag event trying to start WWIII, maybe the administration intended to send a strong message to our enemies that we're slow incompetent fools with lots of expensive weapons, or Sleepy Old Joe wilted under all the fear of the big alien ball in the sky and public outcry to shoot it down. Sounds like hyperbolic Canadian anti-Dem spin to me, but I guess anything is possible. I know better than to buy the crap coming from the State Department, and I sure as fuck don't buy the Chinese crap. My theory is the more I research this the less I know.

Edited by paradime
  • Like 1

How do you steer a balloon that is pushed by the wind? You lower or raise it's position into winds that are favorable to the direction you want to go. How is that done with a hydrogen or helium filled balloon?

Hey I'm sure the US military is capable, it's the idiots that do the thinking and policy making and telling them what to do that's the choke point. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, datzenmike said:

How do you steer a balloon that is pushed by the wind? You lower or raise it's position into winds that are favorable to the direction you want to go. How is that done with a hydrogen or helium filled balloon?

By pumping air into and out of the envelope, add air to lower it and release air to raise it.

• Like 1

Or pump the lifting gas into containers to lower and let out into balloon to raise. Each maneuver could take days to do but, so what? I don't know how feasible this is with solar energy. The sun heating the gases would raise it somewhat during the day and lower automatically at night.

4 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Or pump the lifting gas into containers to lower and let out into balloon to raise. Each maneuver could take days to do but, so what? I don't know how feasible this is with solar energy. The sun heating the gases would raise it somewhat during the day and lower automatically at night.

I found this entire video interesting but I started it at the point they discuss the navigation, the project was shelved but they made some interesting advances and had some successes. I thought someone had posted about them but I couldn't find it.

• Like 1

Likely Pentagon counter propaganda, but this is propulsion story I was referring to from Reuters:

One U.S. official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the balloon was able to linger in the winds over specific areas.

"We saw it do that. It loitered over certain sites. It went left, right. We saw it maneuver inside the jet stream. That's how it was operating," the official said, adding that the craft had propellers and rudders.

• Like 1
On 2/20/2023 at 3:54 AM, datzenmike said:

Not what I asked.

So... hows that working out? 'Spy balloons' invade and cross continental US air space unopposed. Obviously they were capable of shooting it down just on the wrong coast. Maybe they were following orders? Maybe politics was tying their hands? Maybe not a 'spy balloon'. Who knows.

Damn thing went straight through Canada completely unnoticed and unopposed.  We shot the damn thing down over our waters presumably to prevent harm to civilians property as well as to preserve as much of the equipment as possible so we can see what they were up to.  

Also,  Whattup Bitches!!!

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, tr8er said:

Damn thing went straight through Canada completely unnoticed and unopposed.  We shot the damn thing down over our waters presumably to prevent harm to civilians property as well as to preserve as much of the equipment as possible so we can see what they were up to.  

Also,  Whattup Bitches!!!

Whassaaaaah beoch! I was wondering WTF happened to the big Kahoona.

Edited by paradime

What harm to what civilian property????? It's a fucking balloon. Millions of cars pass each other just feet away at a combined speed of 100-150 MPH every day and no one cares.

Montana ... each resident has over 7.5 square miles of space. It's mostly empty. It's not hard to see and miss towns and cities meaning rural residents have even more space. Drop that fucker!!! 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

What harm to what civilian property????? It's a fucking balloon. Millions of cars pass each other just feet away at a combined speed of 100-150 MPH every day and no one cares.

Montana ... each resident has over 7.5 square miles of space. It's mostly empty. It's not hard to see and miss towns and cities meaning rural residents have even more space. Drop that fucker!!! 

Not in my backyard though.   Meraca.   

59 minutes ago, paradime said:

Whassaaaaah beoch! I was wondering WTF happened to the big Kahoona.

Been Kahooning like a MF Monk Seal!  Yous guys would be proud of my paddle.  Got a fat ass rat n wrenches on that award winning blade.  All is largely back to normal here in the Aloha state.  Car shows are happening again.  Tracks are open.  Times are good.  Had one of those balloons off Hawai'i yesterday apparently.  I think someone somewhere freaked out about it but not sure.  Mainly just lots and lots of rain here.  Had 12 inches in 24 hours Sat.  not a record, but it was enough to cancel plans.