L20b with low miles, pic inside

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I downloaded some image scanning software and by using a reflection algorithm was able to read the very poor but legible L20B stamped into the block, reflected off the smooth plastic fuel filter.

To back this up I looked on the timing case and sure enough there is only one bolt at the top just above the distributor base instead of two.

022.jpg

For a '73, it could be an L16, but with a W53 head my bet is an L18.

Edited by datzenmike

just one phuckin pic, give us a break

I asume the rest of the truck is in excellant condition

no discription,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

were going to need MORE pictures

OH I'm not interested butt sumone else might be.

now get sum f'nn pics up----:fu:

I downloaded some image scanning software and by using a reflection algorithm was able to read the very poor but legible L20B stamped into the block, reflected off the smooth plastic fuel filter.

Wow! What's the name of this software and where can I download it? :rolleyes:

To back this up I looked on the timing case and sure enough there is only one bolt at the top just above the distributor base instead of two.

Hmmm, not sure what you mean. Guess I'll compare this pic with my L20b when I get home.

For a '73, it could be an L16, but with a W53 head my bet is an L18.

I was thinking that, too.

Hmmm, not sure what you mean. Guess I'll compare this pic with my L20b when I get home.

This is an L20B timing cover. It has two bolts one above the other, just to the left of the distributor base. There are two across the front on the other top side. This reflects the 2cm taller block height of the L20B. All L16/18 only have one bolt.

file.php?id=10363&mode=view

BTW: this is Keith Law's 250 rwhp turbo L20B motor.

Edited by datzenmike
This is an L20B timing cover. It has two bolts one above the other, just to the left of the distributor base. There are two across the front on the other top side. This reflects the 2cm taller block height of the L20B. All L16/18 only have one bolt.

Ahhhhh....S

where the hell can i get that pulley from?!? that thing is BAD ASS!!!!

These are over size pulleys to reduce alternator and water pump wear. This engine is capable of extended time at 7,500-8,500 RPM. Most alternators turn almost double the crank speed. This 510 has a 4.625 rear and capable of 120 to 130 MPH.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.