Ooph!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 5/27/2022 at 3:20 PM, Ooph! said:

I have been telling myself I'll start working on the pickup any day now.

I finally looked at it to see why one of the hood hinges had broken and in the process found a little tidbit.

Under the windshield there are small oval holes, a couple of them has what looks like a plastic drain the part number from www.carpartsmanual.com is 66820-B5000.

A casual search shows nothing available,  are they needed? forget about them?

20220521_203610.jpg

20220521_203813.jpg

Did these all break, or is this how they're supposed to look? I cannot find a picture of a new original. I have an old one here and want to print them

16 hours ago, ducky said:

Did these all break, or is this how they're supposed to look? I cannot find a picture of a new original. I have an old one here and want to print them

There are 5 holes and I think there were 2 of them, that one is broken I'll look again to see what I have.

• 3 months later...
On 5/29/2022 at 9:44 PM, Ooph! said:

There are 5 holes and I think there were 2 of them, that one is broken I'll look again to see what I have.

I'm an idjit I forgot about those clips, I went back and looked and that is the better out of the 2 I have

Its all there but split down the side.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi My name is Ooph! and I'm an Autohaulic, every evening I cruise the ad's for cars and dream of buying my next big project and the reality is I don't have time for the cars I already own. I just began working on this project that's been stored away.

20221120_124852.jpg

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

I have a 2000 Xterra that needs to be dealt with soon, is the v6 useful for swaps or is the whole 4x4 chassis usable as a swap? I checked the dimensions it doesn't match a 620 in width

2000 4x4 Xterra with auto transmission 

Edited by Ooph!
  • 1 year later...

Went to a car swap meet a couple weeks ago and brought this home.

The guy sold it to me for $50 saying it cooled down to 50 degrees so I was thinking it needed repair.

Plugged it in left it overnight it measured 41 degree's and it was 80 outside, I think it works.

20240607_213530.jpg

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Ooph! said:

Went to a car swap meet a couple weeks ago and brought this home.

The guy sold it to me for $50 saying it cooled down to 50 degrees so I was thinking it needed repair.

Plugged it in left it overnight it measured 41 degree's and it was 80 outside, I think it works.

20240607_213530.jpg

$50 and RC, I am jealous

• Like 1

I inherited one of my parents cabins at the beach , and in it was a vintage Pepsi machine my nephew didn't have the energy to move .. So i guess it's mine 

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

I'm looking for recommendations has anyone here used a hired transport to move a car recently? I'm in the process of buying 2 620's and want to avoid making two long trips

Edited by Ooph!
  • Like 1

It shows you as in California.. Are you going north-south ? Not sure if they haul all the way down there BUT

I have heard very good things about WTF ( watch this freight) trucking out of Tumwater Washington 

https://www.watchthisfreight.com/

360-742-3854

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

My newest project purchase from the classifieds here on Ratsun a 1975 4x4 conversion.

I did however opt to hire a transporter instead of torturing myself with two 1000 mile round trips to go get them one at a time.

IMG_20240818_114934396.jpg

Edited by Ooph!
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
On 8/19/2024 at 9:17 AM, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

What did the transport cost?

$1200, matched the cost of fuel to make two trips and a room for the night

Edited by Ooph!
  • Like 2

Oops I did it again, I know I'm an addict.

Now what do I do with the white one?

So far I've noticed some differences compared to the white truck.

White has a Dana 30 with drum brakes and 5 lug all the way around

Green has a Dana 30 with Disk brakes and 6 lug all the way around

Green has a fuel tank that appears larger than stock but in the stock location.

20240824_101834 II.jpg

20240824_101900.jpg

20240824_102203 II.jpg

20240824_104741 II.jpg

20240824_105616 II.jpg

20240824_105641 II.jpg

20240824_105647 II.jpg

• Like 2

I like the green one. Well, I like them both actually. Can you keep both of them and work on one? Then maybe the other one when the first is at a good stopping point?

The crossmember on the green one is cool. Someone took some time to think about that.

I still can't believe that the guys who made these utilized the stock steering box. Seems like a Jeep box would have made the conversion a little better.

I'd love to get my hands on one of these...

• Like 2