Rat bike 71 zuki

so i picked this up the other day... PO said.. "good luck getting it running" and i tinkered a bit and got it started on the first kick haha

DSCF1425.JPG

DSCF1443.JPG

going for a look similar to thiss with a rear fender! and some white wall tires not so much a chopper but more of a bobber DSC_0004.jpg

something that doesnt cost money to work on but still keeps me entertained:lol:

going to try and stay below 500 buck build

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

glad we got another biker around around.

If it were my bike i wouldnt chop it. Its already a fairly nice cafe racer. You can update the tail, make it mono shock, maybe do a single sided swingarm. Toss on some USD forks and upgraded brakes, your done.

the problem was that the clutch lever doesnt do anything. And the shifter lever is really stiff and temperamental. Basically the guy couldn't get it started because the crank lever kept hitting the shifter lever and taking it out of neutral... i assume. and so i put it in neutral and took the shifter lever off and then the PO also installed the fuel cut off upside down so when he thought it was open it was really closed.

once i got all of that figured out and the battery charged it fired right up.:fu:

as for keeping it how it is... i might... i might not depends on how bored i get. The jockey shift thing is prob going to happen because the shifter assembly that is on there now completely interferes with the kick starter and it takes less work to make a jockey shift!

no the other one i pirated off of another rat site that i frequent as an example KiLLbilET ... http://www.killbillet.com/index.php

My dad builds street rods and makes shiny stuff so of coarse so have i but i like rat rods so when the dime is done i have a 31 3 window coupe mystery mobile that im going to build into a rat machine.

The bike i think im pretty set on doing a bobber just because i have 2 street bikes and want something mean low and loud, but only time will tell on that im going to pick up a few free frames from this guy so that i can pratice stretching them and such

i have a 81 suzuki gs 450 its strip to bone half of it is bobbed but lost interest needs the wiring also it ran good i rode it in my shop then tore it aprt first $100 takes it has clean title

which half is bobbed! and why dont you finish it? where you located again ill be happy to help finish it :D then ill have to do mine and we can mob around wearing ratsun tee's and rising sun brain buckets

which half is bobbed! and why dont you finish it? where you located again ill be happy to help finish it :D then ill have to do mine and we can mob around wearing ratsun tee's and rising sun brain buckets

the ass end is bobbed and slammed the rear fender sits about qtr inch above tire the front hasnt been done yet im in port orchard washington

So for everyone that wants to see a cafe racer... Sorry im cutting it up but the good news is that the tank the seat, fenders, plastics will all be saved... I sat on it today and its just NOT comfortable... i already have a street bike that i am cramped on at 6'2 so im going to bob it :fu: hehe so ill be selling the extra parts to pay for new white wall tires and front disk brake setup. anyone interested?

So for everyone that wants to see a cafe racer... Sorry im cutting it up but the good news is that the tank the seat, fenders, plastics will all be saved... I sat on it today and its just NOT comfortable... i already have a street bike that i am cramped on at 6'2 so im going to bob it :fu: hehe so ill be selling the extra parts to pay for new white wall tires and front disk brake setup. anyone interested?

That polished finned twin leading shoe front drum goes much nicer than any disc would on a bobber. You should lace the stock brakes up to some nice junkyard(Sun or D.I.D.) or new Excel alloy rims. I picked up a Suzuki 72 GT550 just for the 4 leading shoe drum a while back.

I want to pull the triple engine out of the Suzuki frame and put a Harley 45 magnum engine and BSA trans in it. Kind of like this: http://www.brewracingframes.com/id67.htm

Edited by Orange620

is that your bike? that thing is awesome! but do you have brakes on it? haha i will keep the front drum if i can find parts for it, it just doesnt stop very well so thats a bit scary. I have been on bikes that go fast but dont stop to fast and its not a good time.

wiring is pretty much my thing so no biggie!, is it tottally gone or is there anything there?
well so far the wiring is gone he said he threw it in one of the cars that are going to be scrapped so tommorow im goin to pull all the shit out of them and digfor it all cuz it has the plug wire and coil packs in there somewere
is that your bike? that thing is awesome! but do you have brakes on it? haha i will keep the front drum if i can find parts for it, it just doesnt stop very well so thats a bit scary. I have been on bikes that go fast but dont stop to fast and its not a good time.

No, That's not mine. I'm just pulling the parts together to do something like it. There's a lot of machine work that goes into a Magnum. Your bike looks like a Suzuki Titan. Do you know if its a 250, 300 or 500? Looks like everything was intact and in good shape on the Suzuki brake. If you can't get new shoes from ebay or a dealer, you can have yours relined and turned true in a lathe, better than new.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuki-T250-T-250-Front-Brake-Hub-1972-VINTAGE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem360109616458QQitemZ360109616458QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

http://www.vintagebrake.com/drum.htm

Edited by Orange620

This is a famous picture taken in the 70s of Randy Smith the original creator of the Harley 45 Magnum, holding his creation. Check out the front stopper, a 4LS Fontana. The front end is Ceriani. With the exception of the XLCH 900 top end, peanut tank and Bates seat, the rest of the bike is pretty much WW2 surplus WLA.

Harley_45_Magnum_Randy_Smith.jpg

Edited by Orange620