Datsun F10

I am a new owner of a 1978 Datsun F10. I had one back in 1985 and loved it. i recently purchased one and got it running. i love it. however i am looking for parts. it needs a new windshield and most of the side window weather striping is hard and crumbles to the touch. is there any parts suppliers out here? what other datsuns might share the same parts? thanks for any help

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

F10!!! FTMFW!!! Very rare bastard child Datsun. Len Robertson had one but didn't drive it. Only one I know of.

Glass I don't know. Surely there are some somewhere but it sure won't be cheap. Weather stripping... probably from another F10 that's in better shape... sorry. Thailand  has sellers of rubber things but the quality varies tremendously for fit and last. In some cases being a 'classic car' owner requires that you re-purpose other or old parts, substitute or even make your own parts.

Here is the rest of the story, back in 1985 i was getting deployed and need a car for my future wife. i bought my first F10 off a buddy who was going with me. taught my wife how to drive it the day before i left being a 4 speed. came back 9 months later and the brakes and clutch were shot. fix it up and used the car for the next two years. drove it all over So Cal and even to Las Vegas. had to use 2nd gear to over the mountains. eventually sold it off for something bigger and better. I started looking for one a few years ago and realized how hard the are to find. probably the ugliest car out there and being imported only two years. i found this one on ebay with a buy it now and jumped on it. paid too much but who cares. it didn't run when i got it. I found and replaced the carburetor with a new old stock one from japan, and completely rebuilt the clutch system, tuned up and oil change. it runs like a champ just like i remember. what i like the most is the under hood compartment is all original never been messed with. this is the rarer F10 with Air Conditioning. the battery was removed to the rear. the front interior is shot carpet and seats, door panels ok  the middle or back seat is in excellent shape. the rear is ok the plastic side panels a so brittle they break when touched. has newer CV joints. some rust on the body but floor pans are good. my plans are to enjoy it as it is fix the little things that i can. i drive it every weekend to the grocery store. 20 mil. its a blast. need front hood trim and any interior parts that are out there. I am willing to buy a whole car if the price is right. shipping not a problem. its funny to me that i like this car so much considering my other two cars are a 2017 hellcat charger and a 2016 hellcat challenger. thanks for listening. i added a picture of the car to my profile, i don't know how to add pictures here

• 3 months later...

I have the following F10 NOS parts 78111-M6980 & 78111-M5980 which are suppose to be Rear LH Fenders according to the part number look up. Also have a 65100-M4900 HOOD & 79801-M4900 Emblems. Help me clear the garage. I'm in Fort Worth Texas.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The 2dr sedan and the wagon use the same windshield but the 2rd  hatchback is different. Lower roof line I would guess.

If the S10 200sx is the ginger of the Datsun world the F10 is it's bastard child. It's so weird looking it's beautiful. The last one I saw was Len Robertson's  before that presumably the 80s? First Nissan FWD. I changed a clutch in one in the '70s. As I remember you can do it without removing engine or transmission.

good to know that the windshields are different for the hatch and wagon, sadly my 76 got rear ended so its pretty much just a frame on tires in my driveway with the glass and everything that could be unbolted in my garage and back corner of my yard. kept the windshield thinking i could swap it into either but good to know ill need to go hunting if i need to replace the wagons windshield. 

Met a guy last night while getting gas with my Bluebird.  He had 1% battery left on his phone and was frantically trying to show me a picture of his Datsun.  He didn't actually know what it was?!  The picture he pulled up was an orange F10 like this one below - but with black BRE style stripes.

Datsun_F10_002.jpg

Woah! They have almost the same functional hood vents as the '81-'82 720.

The sedan/hatch has rear coil springs but the wagon was leaf. Only the Hatchback had a 5 speed up to Nov. '77 and 4 speed? after. The 5 speed had no overdrive. 5th was straight through one to one. First gear was over 4 to one. All had a 3.471 differential in the transmission. The F10 was only made from Feb '76 through Aug 78 barely 2 1/2 years.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...