WAGON JON

White VG30 wagon from Bend Oregon area

Picked up a white VG30 wagon from The 510 keeper who got it from Jason Waalkes from bend Oregon area. Was wondering who built it. Need info on rear end setup year and make. Also general info on the VG built/setup. Link or general blah, blah, blah...Datsun goon-ness.

Thanks for dat help!

• Like 3

How many wagons does that make for you now? 

Then it's a 510? All goons had H-190 leaf spring differentials. I think 3.70 ratio if 4 speed and 3.90 if automatic. The side gears are 23 spline (for cars) and 29 spline (for trucks) If giung to a lower ratio for the VG and using a later truck diff the 510 side gears must be swapped into it.

@ Datsun Mike Has disk brakes and an LSD and it is supposedly out of a mazda RX7. That's why I ask. Otherwise the info you gave is superb!

• Like 1

Rear end was likely built by John Wallum.  PM me for contact info.

VG30 kit is probably either Experimental Engineering or Team Thump.

If it uses rubber 510 engine mounts/isolators it is EE, if it uses the liquid filled VG30 mounts/isolators it is TT.

--carter

• Like 1

Pics would likely help with identification.

Picked up a white VG30 wagon from The 510 keeper who got it from Jason Waalkes from bend Oregon area. Was wondering who built it. Need info on rear end setup year and make. Also general info on the VG built/setup. Link or general blah, blah, blah...Datsun goon-ness.

Thanks for dat help!

Super jealous here. I tried to scrape enough together to get that wagon. I guess the watanabes are my consolation prize.

Edit: glad it went to a good dude.

• Like 2