Sign in to follow this  
banzai510(hainz)

Power Select(Alternators)

Rockauto has is starting to list Brand New made alternators for some of our Datsuns. Example 70 510s and 521s. I seen listed ofr 72 trucks also.

Has anybody tried these out?

Yes they are made in China. But my batch of Autozone ,O Rileys rebuilt in Mexico  cased Hitachi's  just isnt cutting it anymore. Nowe I see rebuit in China on the boxes(autozone, O riley) but these are NOT old Jap cases. So who knows

I dont want to run a huge alt in my 521

Anybody use the POWER SELECT? reviews?

• Like 1

Interested to know the results if you try them out.

• Like 1

I don't get what you are trying to say

Chinese junk.

• Like 1

IM not impressed with Chinese made stuff but they make alot of VW and Volvos there now. Just wonder if those are chinese alternators. even If I can get 50k of of them is better than the Autozone ands O reileys. Go there they seem to get made at you bring it back and want another one. Fuck dude it didnt last even 8 months!!!!!

• Like 1

IM not impressed with Chinese made stuff but they make alot of VW and Volvos there now. Just wonder if those are chinese alternators. even If I can get 50k of of them is better than the Autozone ands O reileys. Go there they seem to get made at you bring it back and want another one. Fuck dude it didnt last even 8 months!!!!!

Sounds like your gonna have to be the test subject.... what the worse that could happen.... what i like is they claim new not remanufactured... it might actually work and be reliable....

• Like 1

I would probably just get junkyard parts at this point

Edit: I'm running an Eagle Talon alt in my 521...no problems

• Like 1

I would probably just get junkyard parts at this point

Edit: I'm running an Eagle Talon alt in my 521...no problems

What amperage?

Internally regulated?

• Like 1

What amperage?

Internally regulated?

IR, yes. It's either a 90 or 110 of I recall correctly. I'll go take a pic or two
  • Like 1

My mistake, it's 75 amp. It's a good fit with a little bit shorter belt. Plenty of clearance from the idler arm. Hard to tell from the pic but it would have to swing 2 inches to hit it.

alt1.jpg

alt2.jpg

alt3.jpg

alt4.jpg

alt5.jpg

• Like 2

Has Mitsubishi emblem.

Your adjustment arm is upside down. Or doesn't it clear the timing cover? 

• Like 1

Yes, Eagle Talon is a Mitsubishi Eclipse more or less. I can't remember why the arm is flipped but probably didn't clear. Really doesn't matter, though

• Like 2

IR, yes. It's either a 90 or 110 of I recall correctly. I'll go take a pic or two

That would have been nicer... 75 still not bad. My daily driver has a 140 to support my stereo.... once that vehicle dies it will be donating the stereo to my datsun..

Been weighing options on upgrades...

Thanks.

• Like 1

For sure, though in my last car (Accord) I had a JBL BPX220.1 and two RF 500a2 amps off the stock 90 amp alt and that car is still going with 270k miles or so :P

• Like 1