head trauma johnny

$200 1979 210(b310) project car

Was thinking of just putting the quad carbs on and not messing with the stock setup. What do you guys think?

Get a 1200 carb, swap your jets and throttle cable wheel into it, enjoy.  

• Like 1

Just order a intake/exhaust manifold gasket and a valve cover gasket. Once they get in in swapping in the new setup. Looked at it and it has a vacuum port so should be quick and easy. Just have to figure out what air filter set up I'm going with.

A14 no carb https://imgur.com/gallery/1jUHP

Well it took me about 1 1/2 hours to pull the carb and manifolds off this morning. I went to see if the headers would fit and no luck. First the intake and exhaust ports are slightly smaller than the head and the the tubes are 2" too long and would hit the crossmember. If I shorten them to fit in between the motormount and cross member I would still need to angle the collector out to miss the trans. So now I don't know if I should do the mods to the headers or get a new carb (with electric choke) to replace the worn out stock one. Or option 3 which I was going to do down the road after I got the car sorted is to fab up a draw through turbo setup. Leaning towards modding the headers to fit since I have them and air pod filters on the way. What are your opinions?

That's because they belong on a Datsun roadster 1600/2000

I'm going to use the stock exhaust manifold and the quad carb intake. Do I need to make a special plate to bolt to the gasket in the picture or just bolt it down? 

That doesn't really do anything but make the carb hot. You don't really need to do anything with it. 

Except throw it in the trash.   ^_^

• Like 1

Was this a working setup? Do you know?

First I don't think they need a return line.... when i was working with motorcycles I never saw a return line....

( they may exist but I never saw them)

2nd what type of fuel pump... if a stock mechanical I would say no to the regulator but it may help.

Do you know what your fuel pressure Is and what those carbs want?

You could try gravity feeding the carbs.. if that works better then you have to much fuel pressure..

If it does the same thing I would say have a look at your float level and operation..

So the 2 that were leaking, I took them apart and cleaned them. I discovered that there was the wrong o-rings installed on the float needle housing and replaced them with better fitting and fuel rated ones. Re-installed the carbs and it ran good. Took it for my first test run. Now I need to start on the electrical issues. No turn signals,horn, heater lever won't budge. A lot more work ahead.

definitely following this...would u be able to make videos of it?