My 620 kc

620mike

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually spray paint works better. :lol: A dash pad and floor mats would make that 620 look very nice inside.

Check out Rubberman's thread and mine. Seats look nice. A little blue spray paint below speakers would cover up worn cardboard.

I like your wheels

Have you had it running since you swapped engines? If not,

i just went to start it and it turns over but its not firing i got spark,it got gas... i just dont know whats up any ideas

put a little gas in the carbueretor, takes a while to get gas to the carb.

change gas filter, check gas line on the other side of fuel pump to see if gas is getting to the carb. Good luck, at least it is turning over.

Edited by Nicholas7620
add information
Actually spray paint works better. :lol: A dash pad and floor mats would make that 620 look very nice inside.

Check out Rubberman's thread and mine. Seats look nice. A little blue spray paint below speakers would cover up worn cardboard.

I like your wheels

I used the cardboard ones as a template on 1/8" wood paneling and covered with black grill cloth.

I used the cardboard ones as a template on 1/8" wood paneling and covered with black grill cloth.

i think im going to make some out of 1/8" alum and paint them black i should have some scraps at work... if not i got some alum. diamond plate but that might look kinda funky

2eDeYe;92754'']If ya got fire and fuel. Check timing, valve clearance and compression.

doesnt look so good i did the compression test and here are the results

1-180psi 2-190psi 3-180psi 4-150psi a freind of mine said that i might be able to fix that by adjustiong the valves.... is that true

doesnt look so good i did the compression test and here are the results

1-180psi 2-190psi 3-180psi 4-150psi a freind of mine said that i might be able to fix that by adjustiong the valves.... is that true

FSM for L20B states the lowest reading should be 80% of the highest. 80% of 190 is 153 so close enough. A too tight valve would not close properly and leak causing a very low number. Adjusting won't change yours BUT always a good idea to have them set properly anyway.

i adjusted the valves and it still wont start is there anyway it cold have lost cam timing or somthing..... i dont know what to do!!!!!! but anyways i got my valve cover back for the powder coater and it looks good..

Set valve clearance at about 0.10". This will get you started but re-adjust once the engine is hot for proper clearance.

Turn to TDC compression on #1 (cam lobes at 10 and 2 o'clock on #1 cylinder)

Adjust In and Ex #1, In #2, Ex #3.

Turn motor 360degrees. (1 turn so that #4 cam lobes are at 10 and 2 o'clock)

Adjust Ex #2, In #3, In and Ex #4. Done

While at TDC #1 take distributor cap off and see if the rotor is pointing to the #1 plug lead. Check that the plug leads go to the correct plugs, easy for them to fall off and get put back on wrong. Firing order is 1 3 4 2, distributor turns counter clockwise.

Edited by datzenmike

pull the center wire to is in the middle of the distributor cap.

Put it near ground( a metal part and have you reach your hand at the key and turn it over. It should spark with a nice snapping sound.

If you got gas SQUIRTING in the carb and spark it should fire. If the fire rotation is correct on the distributor. 1 3 4 2 COUNTER CLOCK WISE.

http://olddatsuns.com/620tech.htm

watch timming chain install to see if cam is timed

was this truck ever running since you had it?

If not then go to the vid and watch the cam timming set up and distributor install.

Edited by banzai510(hainz)
pull the center wire to is in the middle of the distributor cap.

Put it near ground( a metal part and have you reach your hand at the key and turn it over. It should spark with a nice snapping sound.

If you got gas SQUIRTING in the carb and spark it should fire. If the fire rotation is correct on the distributor. 1 3 4 2 COUNTER CLOCK WISE.

http://olddatsuns.com/620tech.htm

watch timming chain install to see if cam is timed

was this truck ever running since you had it?

If not then go to the vid and watch the cam timming set up and distributor

install.

yes the truck was running and it just quit... and it does have spark... so im going to try adjusting the valves