hughdogz's Datsun S130T

hughdogz

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Skib! :P It has been a tough road to hoe :o

I know!! I want to get her running so bad. The Powerforce damper took me like ~2-3 days to install. I had to take it over to Dan Hutchkins to get it line-honed to fit the crank snout. He had to take 1.5 thousandths out.

Then I had to widen the keyway, since it kept flipping out the woodruff key. Then I had to raise the keyway...luckily have a set of badass Snap-on mini-files :D

I must have tried taking it on and off ~20x!! :eek: I had to buy a "pully-puller" and make my own installer tools since all the installer tools only work for domestics :fu:

Edited by hughdogz
hahaha nice man :D

you gonna have it done for Canby right :D

That's the plan, hehe...:lol:

I still don't have a wastegate actuator that will fit a T04E compressor housing. I can either modify a stock bracket, or else order a universal unit and new actuator.

Sheit, if it comes down to only missing that, I'll wire the wastegate either open or shut and use my foot as the boost controller! :blink:

Edited by hughdogz
Right on, I appreciate the offer and I might have to take you up on that! :D

I can pay you in beer, oh wait you're not 21 until after Canby :cool: (j/k) :lol:

you know im always down

ill take and advance ;)

Hey do you still have the stock crankshaft pulley? Mine has a big chip off it, all the timing marks are gone. If you go to Canby bring it I'll be there. Oh if ya got it what would you want for it?

I need to keep it for my "spare" L28ET that I'll try swapping into my 260Z someday.

Used dampers aren't all that great. After 25-35 years, the elastomer gets old and the outer portion separates from the inner. If it doesn't completely fall off, they can clock a bit and you'll pull your hair out wondering why you cannot set a reasonable timing advance (I've had one do that and two completely separate).

Not sure what to do...now I make a punch to mark how the inner and outer are positioned. If they ever "clock" I know for sure it happened.

i have a waste gate actuator from a big 16g you could try

I really appreciate the offer Mikey!! I'm not sure it will fit, I'll have to measure the I.D. of the compressor housing. I thought T3's were larger than 16G's (I could be wrong though) and T4's are way bigger than T3's.

If I can just get it to Canby, mission accomplished (for now) :o

Edited by hughdogz

Didn't get much further tonight, but at least I'm pretty sure the oil feed and drain lines will fit. Not sure if I'm going to go through with the oil cooler yet, but I wanted to test fit the sandwich plate and fittings... Back to oil filter service tomorrow to pick up some more AN fittings for the head cooling lines. At this rate, I'll never have it ready for Canby :redface: I'll see how much further I can get tonight.

motor_10.jpg

motor_11.jpg

motor_12.jpg

motor_13.jpg

Thanks for the comments Bonvo and Ed280ZX ;)

I spent most of the day making gaskets and hunting down fasteners. I have half the clutch installed!! :lol: Tomorrow I'll see if I can figure out how to R/R the throwout bearing and sleeve :confused:

spec_2.jpg

spec_3.jpg

spec_1.jpg

Edited by hughdogz

No doubt!

Well, it looks like I screwed-up. I forgot to mount the plate that goes between the bell housing and engine before I installed the clutch :( I'm a noob at clutches.

I might have to get some pullers to install the release bearing and pilot bushing. Meh, this sucks...