hughdogz's Datsun S130T

hughdogz

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had a dollar for every time I was asked if I started it yet, it could pay for the project! :lol:

I have it all hooked up now, but I think I'm 270 degrees off crank angle with the spark timing. I must not have installed the oil pump shaft right (even though I marked it with punches)...I thought I put everything back right, but I'm definitely off ~90 crank degrees for spark TDC with crank timing. If I flip the "distributor" around (cam angle sensor) 180 degrees and maybe another 45 degrees, I can hit the zero timing mark, WTF? :mad:

But, I think it is the TDC for the exhaust stroke...I'm going to try to adjust the 1-5-3-6-2-4 sequence to 6-2-4-1-5-3 via the Wolf tomorrow (clocking the distributor electronically) since I didn't bring home my work's laptop. It would sure beat having to pull the oil pump and re-clock it...and figure how how much to clock

This sucks, I could have had it fired up last night. Only one surprise fuel leak since I forgot to tighten the AN fitting to the fuel rail, and three oil pan bolts were too loose!

^^ Thanks for the photos Skib!! :w00t: :thumbsup:

I have it fired up now...but I'm about 30 degrees off with the oil pump / dizzy shaft, plus I think I might have a small exhaust leak somewhere. :o

I'm going to drop the sway bar and re-clock the oil pump shaft (this time using the factory marks :lol:)

^^ Thanks for the photos Skib!! :w00t: :thumbsup:

I have it fired up now...but I'm about 30 degrees off with the oil pump / dizzy shaft, plus I think I might have a small exhaust leak somewhere. :o

I'm going to drop the sway bar and re-clock the oil pump shaft (this time using the factory marks :lol:)

:D I want some video of that thing running when you reset the timing

• 9 months later...

Well, I haven't been doing much of anything on the ZXT lately. Here are some pics of the R200 KAAZ LSD carrier and Nissan Competition (Eurospec?) Z31 finnded diff cover:

KAAZ_LSD.jpg

exh_diff.jpg

diff1.jpg

diff2.jpg

diff3.jpg

The diff cover already has provisions for an oil cooler...I may go that route someday ;)