RBro

1985 Bushmaster rollover.

I just want all to know that it's not just a jeep thing. The Bushmaster rolled over and came to rest upside down. The fiberglass shell absorbed impact but did wrinkle front fenders some. Had to replace side mirrors too. Rick

• Like 1

I love those ridiculous bushmasters. Pics are necessary.

• Like 1

It's Nissans first SUV. Cut the back out of a 720 cab, cut the front out of the bed, weld them together, glue on a fiberglass shell, add some sideburns from the shell to hide the seam from cab to bed, slap in carpet and backseat.

• Like 1

Use a photo hosting website like photobucket or imgur. Then post an html code to the reply box and it will show the pic

• Like 1

It was Nissan's "fuck I guess we were really sleeping last year in '84 when Toyota came out with the 4Runner, didn't think it would catch on. Well I guess the new roll out of the WD-21 in '86.5........ nope..... alright we got it now. The '87 Pathfinder)

Trucks were sent to conversion companies, it wasn't made by Nissan. Sort of like the 620 4x4 conversions.

• Like 3

Never seen one.... but now I want to!

• Like 1

I just want all to know that it's not just a jeep thing. The Bushmaster rolled over and came to rest upside down. The fiberglass shell absorbed impact but did wrinkle front fenders some. Had to replace side mirrors too. Rick

Yeah, it's a driver thing.

• Like 1

This is after rollover. Bra hides damage. I realigned roof by windshield since glass was hanging out an inch on drives side. One inch gap between frame and glass on passenger side. Replace air filter after being saturated with oil.

• Like 2

Yes on back bench seat. While bed is padded and carpeted with headliner too.

• Like 1

One other nice thing about Bushmaster is that u can put a full 4x8 sheet of plywood in it with back closed. Even a 10 ladder.

• Like 1

Another sad thing about the Bushmaster is: the fiberglass topper has totally faded out and is now pink

• Like 1

I was under the impression that the Patrol was the inaugural Nissan SUV?

• Like 1

1965_hercules-ca-326x245.jpg '66 Patrol

SUV? Sport perhaps, and carrying 2 people and some camping gear but a bit light on the Utility side.

85dc9e12a442ad29ce02e1e83872280b.jpg

The '66 Toyota Land Cruiser was more SUV.

• Like 1

That 1966 FJ-45 is missing its og hood.

• Like 1