I sent out my struts for work, They were not returned

Anyway, trusted a welder from Seattle with a very rare pair of struts for my F10...hoping he could cut the spring mount to lower the front end...alas no struts and have lost contact with him.

Bummer.

• Like 1
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try an find a set of F10 struts, they are a Datsun nearing extinction. Not to many sad about this, but I really want to complete my Cherry 1400 GX Twin racer clone.

Happily I sent out my spare set...but I really wanted to have both, a standard strut set n a altered set.

• Like 1

Seattle??   Why not just ask someone closer,, hell if you asked around you probably could have been entertained while having them done while a few of us threw crap and criticized every move person doing the job,,,,, made.. 

Oh.

Now i see

:blush:

• Like 2

Anyway, trusted a welder from Seattle with a very rare pair of struts for my F10...hoping he could cut the spring mount to lower the front end...alas no struts and have lost contact with him.

Bummer.

So you lost contact with him but he's the bad guy?

As a welder/fabricator myself, having done sidework for lots of people when trying to fit it into my own busy schedule, I find it funny you blame him for you not keeping track of his contact info. 

Plenty of times I've done the work requested, called the person to come pick it up, set it in the corner of the shop, never to hear from them again.  I'm now wondering how many of those people are blaming me for "stealing" their items.

Gotta admit, it's reactions like this that made me stop doing the little jobs to help someone out.  Especially when I cut them a deal on the price or just did it for free.

• Like 1

He was (is?) a Ratsun member. Hoping he see's this and returns the struts.

Ya I was aware Mike. But, I farm out just about all labor now days.

Then you will need to make changes such as more involvement and oversight if not doing this yourself. Certainly weekly phone updates on progress. Even if there is none, you should stay current on his plans and him on yours for when it's to be completed. A frebie job that he's to do when he gets around to it is never a good idea. It's a sloppy way to go about it and things often as not, fall through the cracks. 

Unless you are handicapped you could do this one handed with a hack saw.

• Like 2

Wow, this soup is thick...

I did keep in touch, up until late he got divorced and disconnected all lines of communication.

He was buying Datsun parts from me, so it was a mutually good deal (Seattle).

I have been disabled since 95, yep I am handicapped.

Alright guys, this isn't my first rodeo, I do try and help fellow Datsun guys with barter deals when I can.

I told him I was in no hurry, just drop them next time down.

• Like 1

Also, no where did I say it was a freebie job..can we say "ass" U me

Anyhow I was giving him a nice load of 720 parts for the work.

He was also going to rebuild the struts.

And I didn't say it was a freebie job but often as not between barterers and people who are close this is the case.

Shit happens also. They will eventually come back.

• Like 1

This was an attempt at parts recovery, didn't expect the attack CAT, but, I should of known better.

Label this as you wish...I will still be a rat n continue with my build.

For those of you that have not figured it out, this is ericsb210 (did name change to align with "datsun1200.com")

• Like 2