Numbers matching

So let me see if I got this right, your car is 3 owner, found in a field after 22 years of sitting?

Car is a 69 510 sent to the wrecking yard by original owner in 84. Then was moved to a pole barn and sat there since I got it in 2013. One registered owner before me. I have all registration slips from 70-84 and I have the two since I owned it. It was titled in the purchasers name when I filed for a lost title.. so yes. One registered owner, legit barn find. Oh, and it was $500.  :fu:  :fu:  :fu:

• Like 1
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm the 3rd owner of mine as well...last time registered before I purchased was 1991, had 45k on odometer and had the original engine in the trunk with a hole in #4 piston, 2nd owner decided to run dual side draft and figured it won't hurt to repair a crack in the back of one carb with a very shitty weld attempt....needles to say...made a hole on a piston lol, it's very possible that the mileage is original due to the condition of all the bushings, suspension and no wear on the pedals, the upholstery and original paint took a beating from sitting out in the weather for so many years in Phoenix Az before the PO moved to Portland.

They're out there....you just gotta get lucky!

• Like 1

I've got the numbers matching engine sitting on the garage floor. It's a good engine, just lots of rust in the coolant passages from sitting so long. No amount of flushing would cure it.. I'll hang on to it but I don't think it adds anything to the value of the car. People would much rather see an L20b with side drafts or a KA/SR under the hood.

Here is the "numbers matching engine" after being flushed a few times with detergent.

20150703_113037_zps1adyfo5q.jpg

• Like 1