Gwendolyn the 510

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20160719_140918_zpsx36fmisk.jpg

Alright I am at a standoff. The dual Carbs have been calling my name and now I'm not sure. Never ran these and need some advice.. Yes that is a second set i have and the intakes are different. Hmm need someone in the local NW area to chime in!

Draker always quick with the reply I like that! I'm torn between trying to run these and not. I bought them from a guy who literally "took them off to run r1 Carbs" and now I'm torn between do I want to mess with them or just keep running the Weber.. You got dual Su? Pretty sure.. What's it like running them?

Draker always quick with the reply I like that! I'm torn between trying to run these and not. I bought them from a guy who literally "took them off to run r1 Carbs" and now I'm torn between do I want to mess with them or just keep running the Weber.. You got dual Su? Pretty sure.. What's it like running them?

Well, mine were rebuilt by Z therapy. I just bolted them on, set the idle and drove it. I didn't really notice any power difference or anything. 

I say, just swap em on. It will you an hour or two and you can test them yourself. The car ran like shit with the 32/36, so anything was an improvement. 

Well Fuck. Lol my 32/36 runs like a champ and this is unknown territory to me. Not saying I'm not willing to try... But It may be worth it in the long run to keep the Weber and trade/sell the Sus... Hmmm decisions decisions...

SUs will get you slightly better fuel mileage, and look cool.

If you are okay with the looks of the 32/36, keep it. They are hard to kill, easy to tune, etc. 

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

20160825_213728_zpsozouigp4.jpg

So been a bit since I posted photobucket is spammy as Fuck and honestly makes me not want to post... But I will try.

Soooo.... Engine in my kitchen.. Yeah that happened.

And basically been checking that out.

20160825_225007_zps3hkrzh9p.jpg

Sledge pan. But has been sitting.. Smelled a tad of fuel. Haha

20160830_214027_zpsoyyyzuow.jpg

Cam looked good. I think it's L20.. But we will see..

Only kind of worries about the timing chain wear..

20160830_214717_zpsnzqbi6ui.jpg

20160905_215240_zpsk7damvkw.jpg

And finally pulled the intake off and saw a rough ass gasket and kind of rough rich syptoms so we will see. Still here! Haha

• Like 1