3ltr v6 nissan and 720 question

Hi,,

Dont know if it can be done but does any one know if you can fit a 3ltr v6 out of a 1994 Nissan Narvara ( AUS) into a 83 720??,

Or would any one know of a thread on here or some where else that I could do some research on this , I am over this diesel and have found a cheap navara with a great v6

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, there really isn't a lot of vg 720 info out there, but the 620 stuff should help quite a bit and the d21 that came with the v6 should help you figure out the rest.

I have a 720 4x4 frame and a vg33 with auto trans both sitting here at my house. I keep thinking about fitting them, seeing what it would take, but there is always something else on my plate

• Like 2

The VG fits really nicely in a 620 engine bay with ZERO cutting of anything on the truck except a hole in the firewall for the fuel injection harness.

Why anybody would throw away the injection and put a carburetor is absolutely beyond any thought process.

My VG620 conversion build thread is linked in my signature. Feel free to ask questions.

• Like 5

I'd yank the tbi off my vg30i if I ever get around to putting it in my 510, a 350cfm two barrel makes more power than the hard body's terrible setup. There's no fuel cut either so you can turn more rpm, the engine can handle it easily. There's something to be said for a cleaner looking installation too.

• Like 2

I'd yank the tbi off my vg30i if I ever get around to putting it in my 510, a 350cfm two barrel makes more power than the hard body's terrible setup. There's no fuel cut either so you can turn more rpm, the engine can handle it easily. There's something to be said for a cleaner looking installation too.

OK, you got me, I would yank that TBI off of there too. But I still wouldn't put a carburetor on it. I would put a Nissan multi-port manifold on it and inject it.

Absolutely hate carbs. I think that a fuel injection manifold looks cleaner than a carb. The fuel cut is in your tuning, and is there for a reason.

• Like 1

The VG fits really nicely in a 620 engine bay with ZERO cutting of anything on the truck except a hole in the firewall for the fuel injection harness.

Why anybody would throw away the injection and put a carburetor is absolutely beyond any thought process.

My VG620 conversion build thread is linked in my signature. Feel free to ask questions.

great reading your build post.

Hopefully having a running v6 still in the donar car may help with a few of the problems you faced,

Love the yello truck:)

WP_20160311_0021_zpsl1ret33r.jpg

WP_20160311_0041_zpskpm7vrfl.jpg

• Like 1

I had a 720 with a VG in it years ago, I think it is funny I got some parts from Jesse when I was building it. I guess he forgot about that. 

I can give you some details if you are still interested.

Dang! How did I forget that!? Getting old sucks!