Chopped Bulletside

tangent

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oops..................Very Shiny "OL YELLER" and I are too old to get involved here...Fact is, I guess, we all will continue to do what makes "US" happy (far as our projects go)..just don't be surprised if someone doesn't care for your taste..guess that is what makes us all different.....

WTF is wit all you damn posers and haters. whats the matter it not shiny enough for you. GUESS WHAT that aint what I wanted I like old school building.

wait a moment here.....OLD SCHOOL was back in the 70's when these trucks were new and being the ol fart that I am (AND having owned a very nice brand new '76 then as well)..I remember that they were built very very shiny and not too many of em sittin on the pavement..Hey Mike, you were into the mini truckin scene big time back in the day, any body dropped 620's you remember?...anyway, the quote above caught my eye and "just had to respond"..(you know us senior citizens...don't know when to keep our mouths shut) LOL big time

Picture019.jpg

SWEET

Thats old school building, not some hacked ass mini truck. Did anyone happen to see the hacked ass 4 reverse 4 link in this thing. Its totally unsafe for the street. Dumbasses like this dont understand the difference between old school building, and a complete hack job.

9474_12.JPG

^^^^^^^^^Total Hack Job POS^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm not a fan of 'laying frame' but I respect others who express themselves through this practice. For me a little (lower) goes a long way. This is a perfect example of an idea carried to extremes, and paying the ultimate price for the only possible outcome, because of it. When I see this I think of paper cuts, fingernails on a chalkboard or a skateboarder landing nuts first onto a handrail.

I only hope I have the sense to stop going higher with my truck before I tear the roof off on a low underpass. Oh yeah... I could cut the windshield and make a convertible out of it.

No offense, but this Dat. is a BAG OF SHIT!!!

You are being laughed at on the main Datsun web site on the West coast...ratsun. GOOD LUCK!

This is the first thing I ever heard from one of your members This is his quote exactly as written. It was not hard to track it down. I have took time cooled down and read what everyone has had to say. You all have very good ideas and intensions for your Dats. I aint hatin on anyone, Here's the down low on it. I understand fully the 620s are becoming very rare. If people are upset about me cuttin it up, sorry it wasn't my intension to make you mad I just wanted a head turner and I made one. As far as me being an old school builder. Its not the vehical you choose Its how you build it. Yeah it may looked hacked up but I aint got the financing that other builders have so I took my know how and started building. It was a very low income build with what I had around thats why the tail lights are off a 1949 ford and other parts are off other cars. YEAH I KNOW its a mutt, The roof came off because of a bet sayin I couldn't drive under a transfer trailer. Guess what it does. I have the roof and I can put it back on anytime I want.

I don't want to offend any one on here so I'll make a peace offering If anyone on here wants a chance I have another 1978 datsun bullet side short wheel base another motor and 4 speed trans make me an offer. As far as everyone else Thanks for the warm welcome

I am jealous, he had a cartoon made after his truck in last months Mini Truckin. Plus he gets show shots...So here is my 2 cents worth...If you dont like someones ride, keep it to yourself. It is not your place to criticise others peoples likes and interests. I get crap all the time from Hot Rodders who think I wasted my money customizing a DATSUN...I just tell them it is my deal. So if you all want to rag on the style and creations of someone, then do it on your own time. Lets just all appreciate all the different creations out there, like or dislike....:):cool:

I know im new here but i like it my self. fact i have the pic before it was chopped as a background! it was a good idea tho and it dose get alot of talk so its good for something. but the man built a truck, that he likes and priced it to what he thinks its worth! DOESNT EVERYONE?:)

Kracker - thanks for the intro and not feeding the potential fire here anymore.

As far as I am concerned NO ONE should contact someone and tell them that this forum is trash talking them. That accomplishes nothing for anyone and tends to make the entire group of us look like a bunch of elitist fuckheads.

I'm just sayin...

Here's something that has never made any sense to me. Message or call someone to tell them that the item they are selling is complete shit. People buy, own, and sell shit all the time. Look at all the ricer hondas :D :D :D people pay money for some of the strangest things.

Its one thing to voice your opinion on the actual value, but to fully disrespect someone so much as to rub it in their face...fuck-tarded

either way the truck is cool, most of us would rather build something like that ourselves, or not at all. Some might say it's a waste of a perfectly good truck...but it's a 620...not exactly rare. The point is, It looks different and it lays door. kinda neat.

Internet drama

dino_internet.png

No offense, but this Dat. is a BAG OF SHIT!!!

You are being laughed at on the main Datsun web site on the West coast...ratsun. GOOD LUCK!

This is the first thing I ever heard from one of your members This is his quote exactly as written. It was not hard to track it down. I have took time cooled down and read what everyone has had to say. You all have very good ideas and intensions for your Dats. I aint hatin on anyone, Here's the down low on it. I understand fully the 620s are becoming very rare. If people are upset about me cuttin it up, sorry it wasn't my intension to make you mad I just wanted a head turner and I made one. As far as me being an old school builder. Its not the vehical you choose Its how you build it. Yeah it may looked hacked up but I aint got the financing that other builders have so I took my know how and started building. It was a very low income build with what I had around thats why the tail lights are off a 1949 ford and other parts are off other cars. YEAH I KNOW its a mutt, The roof came off because of a bet sayin I couldn't drive under a transfer trailer. Guess what it does. I have the roof and I can put it back on anytime I want.

I don't want to offend any one on here so I'll make a peace offering If anyone on here wants a chance I have another 1978 datsun bullet side short wheel base another motor and 4 speed trans make me an offer. As far as everyone else Thanks for the warm welcome

Thanks for cooling down :D I'm sure its just heating back up though..... Since its your truck we are talking about if you want me to put a hold on this thread I will, but if you don't mind all the talk I can leave it open. I think since its your rig I should leave it up to you. If it makes you feel better the blue birds list was talking shit about one of my cars! I had a friend post a nasty message from me. I feel your pain, so off or on?

Somebody!!!!!!!!! Save that '78!!!!!!!!!!

Buy it, you can have the best of both worlds :D ( I Know I read your last post but couldn't resist :D )

man is this getting out of hand.

I know....

I am jealous, he had a cartoon made after his truck in last months Mini Truckin. Plus he gets show shots...So here is my 2 cents worth...If you dont like someones ride, keep it to yourself. It is not your place to criticise others peoples likes and interests. I get crap all the time from Hot Rodders who think I wasted my money customizing a DATSUN...I just tell them it is my deal. So if you all want to rag on the style and creations of someone, then do it on your own time. Lets just all appreciate all the different creations out there, like or dislike....:):cool:

I say you buy it, it would look sweet in your collection :D

I know im new here but i like it my self. fact i have the pic before it was chopped as a background! it was a good idea tho and it dose get alot of talk so its good for something. but the man built a truck, that he likes and priced it to what he thinks its worth! DOESNT EVERYONE?:)

I agree 100%

Hey Ice no its cool leave it on. I just lettin yall know I aint gonna have my hobbies shit on and take it layin down. I'm cooled way down now yall can say pretty much what ya want bout it. Cause in a way you all are right, the roads around her aint nice to low trucks; and yep it looks rough. BUT it used to look nice just like the ones yall have.... age sucks dont it. I'm sellin it cause as you can tell its got some history. For me its all in the build.

If I built another dat, what would yall like to see done. Gimme some info that way we can all get along on the next one

Totally agree with this, but all are free to like/dislike the results. However not voicing your dislike is the same as silent approval. There's nothing wrong with dissagreement, it's just opinion really. And maybe, just mayby, with enough good natured criticism others will learn from this.

Kracker, I don't agree with your end results, and you probably would not agree with mine, and I'm good with that. There's no offence here, and if you do this again, use a Ranger or S-10. Please!!!.

Oh, yeah, as long as you're rollin' a ratsun, we've all got your back! My truck lays frame all day long! I drag the shit out of it, but I built and engineered it to be able to handle the abuse. This is why I will never body-drop it also, because I know that it will get drug. When I see these retards online draggin' the rockers off a freshly built tahoe or some other expensive truck with nice paint it pisses me off! I guess mostly because I can't afford to build a pretty truck like that, let alone go out and fuck it up!

If you do another one, definitely don't do a reverse 4-link! They are shit! Maybe reinforce the bottom of the rockers with flat bar like some fokes are doing. That way when you drag it, it wont get all fucked up. My 2 cents.

a mini truck is all about originallity doing something that is way left feild is the only way you get recognized anymore. just having a clean ride doesn't mean sh*t, hell the under construction class is the hardest class to place a trophy in. With that said i comend the fact that you did something original if people don't like it all well they are not driving it. as for your next one i say build what you feel like building, no matter what you build you will have people who hate it.. I plan on dragging the piss out of my KC when it is done but like beebani i think that is why i leaning away from the body drop. Not because i am not hardcore but because i am poor. So welcome to the forum hope your impressions were not all bad and have fun building your next ride...

Oh yeah i agree with the reversed 4-link quote had one on my toyota.. I hated the wheel hop it caused..

Hey Ice no its cool leave it on. I just lettin yall know I aint gonna have my hobbies shit on and take it layin down. I'm cooled way down now yall can say pretty much what ya want bout it.

Cool dude :) I would have done the same thing. I personally have killed my share of datto's as well. I towed most of them home some in a way they were already dead.

What are you calling a hack job you cant even see the full rearend in that pic You want to judge me before you even know what your talking about try again jack ass

I dont need to see a full rear shot to tell that your truck is hack. 1st off i cant look at the pics and see the how badly you beat the hell outta this thing. I am more than willing to bet your not the guy that built it.

As far as the 4 link goes. I can tell its a 50/50 link or a reverse 4-link, both of which are complete grabage. Only in the world of "stupid mini truckers" is a 50/50 link or reverse 4-link acceptable. You will never see it anywhere else. Note: I did say "stupid mini truckers" not mini truckers. And judging by the nasty tank mounts, and sideways mounted compressors, I dont even want to see anymore of your "custom fab work". You give real mini truckers like me a bad rap in the custom car/truck community. And you probably still wonder why people laugh at mini trucks at multi make shows, you my friend are why.................

9474_12.JPG

common guys give him a brake.. he like datsuns .. that makes him one of us.. this isnt like our group to bag on others like this.. i personely wouldnt have done that, but he did.. and thats fine.. my friend totaly digs it tho.. so really its all a matter of opinion like mike was sayin..