Don't drive with a bubbled tire

Edit: Not a bubble...  :P

Watch the video first, then I'll explain.

I rotated my tires for the last weekend funrun,and due to my cheap tires being old but unused, they kind of "shaped" themselves after I ran them 2200 miles. Due to the rear camber, it (possibly) misshapened the tires, and caused some bubbling, only on the rubber that doesn't touch the ground, which caused the horrible resonant shake at 45-55 mph.

Be careful with old-ish tires.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unused tires that have sat for a while are junk. Always look at the date on the tires before you have them mounted. There are four digits in an oval that tells the week and year they were made. For example: (3215); 32nd week of 2015. If you get a tire that has a 2012 mold, don't have it mounted or pay for it.

Now, even new tires can bubble. It happens. It's a defect that can't be seen until it happens. Most tire shops will honor any warranty and will replace that tire for little to no cost.

Get that tire replaced. Don't drive on it.

• Like 2

Haha yeah we checked the tires about a year ago to see how it is, seemed fine. They run fine, as long as I dont rotate the rears to the front. There goes the full mileage or tire flip in the future.

Also, this is a set of tires that I got with the motor, they were just unused, no miles, just kinda old.

You're lucky they didn't de-lam on you. Looks like a new set of rollers is in your future. We both got lucky on that run. After we went different directions, I followed Cody into west sac. I was running on fumes for way too long, my fuel pump was clicking like a bastard for over two miles. And, of course, I had to leave it running while I filled it up...damn car. The starter turned twice then died when I shut it off at home.

Just for information and this might not have been clear, when I first received the tires, my father checked them for any damage or bubbling, and we didn't see anything. Nothing was noticed for 2200 miles until we rotated, then the rears that went to the front caused a resonant wobble, got home, and spin checked the tire and saw it has a bubble.

• Like 1

Just for information and this might not have been clear, when I first received the tires, my father checked them for any damage or bubbling, and we didn't see anything. Nothing was noticed for 2200 miles until we rotated, then the rears that went to the front caused a resonant wobble, got home, and spin checked the tire and saw it has a bubble.

Again....check the date stamp.

Okay gonna say another thing, its not a bubble. A bubble is a deformity/airleak and a bubble that's forming on the sidewall correct? What's the deformity of a tire in which its not perfectly round or not spinning true? Sorry guys, my mistake, not a bubble. Its a tire that isn't spinning true compared to the tires that were the front. Fact of the matter, I need new tires.

... Indeed :)

Well its not a flat spot, its just not a perfect circle. Even if they're never perfect, there's a noticeable difference between the fronts and rears. Possibly stress on the rears are causing it to cause the roundness to deform

Side note: the rears always look a little flat, but they are at 30psi, leading to a stressed tire.