1973 620

EBW

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Took out fuel tank, and unhooked the auxillary tank, along with the fuel shutoff valve.

Adjusted the drivers side door to get a better door gap.  Too close towards the front fender left a bigger gap near the back.

Removed the bumper bolts only to find out the brackets were welded to the frame.  Will have to grind them off.

2_zpsrmym99xh.jpg

3_zpsny9baynv.jpg

17_zpst0mynzrl.jpg

4_zpssdf3cuzy.jpg

5_zpspfslp5oi.jpg

Before..

9_zpspsthfxkx.jpg

After...

16_zpsrvs19wcr.jpg

Before...

8_zpskjg9cbhl.jpg

After...

15_zpsyj48htku.jpg

Before...

10_zpsvwfn2qd9.jpg

After...

14_zpsmfjuksjm.jpg

• Like 1

If I recall, I ordered the Centric too.  "Japan" cast into the bodies.  If they have the copper plated studs, they are the good ones.  Looking at current photos I don't see any with copper plated studs, but that doesn't mean that's what you'll receive.  They seem to pass off a lot of NOS stuff in ratty old boxes, which is fine with me!

• Like 2

Waiting on the rest of Brake parts to arrive....  In the meantime I wanted to see if I could fix the OG grill that was falling apart.

Used a two part Epoxy glue.  Was surprised how well it worked.

1_zpspdgfrmuq.jpg

2_zpsxucxwiay.jpg

Then got it ready to paint.  Used the primer / Paint first.  Looked good, but I wanted to see how the Cheap Chrome in a can would look and was surprised how it turned out.

11_zpsyzu9u4ua.jpg

4_zpsphz1hyrv.jpg

9_zpsxo9hyfjn.jpg

8_zpsret0lgwy.jpg

And used some model paint to update the emblem.

6_zps88vw94nx.jpg

7_zps3z9s5drl.jpg

10_zps3v4xcwxo.jpg

• Like 1

The shifter is super loose....  so I did a search and Ordered the Chrysler bushing you guys use to fix the Shifter bushing issue.

Went to pull it out and noticed the top is held in by a bolt.  I am pretty sure this isn't correct. Or is it ???

Can anyone post pictures or A Part # of what I am missing so I can order it.

12_zpsa6yzaogw.jpg

14_zpsu0urglnc.jpg

13_zpsz5cjqwow.jpg

15_zpswdf8o1ww.jpg

16_zpsi5jpwbyj.jpg

• Like 1

Since the bushings I ordered are for the 5 speed, I tried to think of something to do about the slop in the shifter.

My neighbor came over to see what was up and said he would whip something up.  Here is a what he did.

Made a new bushing out of brass, then made top hats for the inner and outer section so it would not stress the forks on the shifter.

1_zpslattwv4d.jpg

5_zps60uhuvum.jpg

11_zpssjnsto3b.jpg

2_zpsfky2ngri.jpg

16_zpsxjsjjjlu.jpg

8_zpsd3t3hepe.jpg

10_zpsicg8qarp.jpg

18_zpsdwvlenzy.jpg

15_zpseoa4opca.jpg

14_zpsyzmqm0zw.jpg

19_zpsxrlm918x.jpg

• Like 2

Sry havent had a chance to give u a parts diagram of the shifter. Those spacers help with the slop?

No worries, the slop in the top section is gone, but the bottom part is still loose.  ( the part where the pin and C collar clip attach )

If anyone has any suggestions, I am open to ideas.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Update will follow with Pictures once I complete the Brakes.

I am doing a complete overhaul of the Brakes

I need HELP fellas....  As I was removing the Backing Plate from the Spindle housing on the Pass side, I noticed the three pieces that HOLD the Brake Adjusting assembly ( cog wheel assembly that adjusts your brakes from the back ) are missing.  The brake pads and springs were holding it in place for who knows how long ?

According to the Book, THE Parts are...  The Retaining Spring, Lockplate, and Adjuster Shim.

The book also shows a rubber boot that goes over the entire portion.

Here's where I need help...  Is there anyone out there that has these three items that would Sell to me ??

OR... Is there any company selling them ??

Thanks in Advance.

• Like 1

Link:

http://www.new-datsun-parts.com/datsun-pl620-truck-parts.html

Scroll down, he has those three pieces and the dust cover for the adjustment screw. I'll look when I head down to my shop in a few for the clips though. But like I said will only be one of each unless I steal from one of the two trucks on cold storage.

And again you may be able to find the adjustment screw cover on ebay. The clips would be harder to find

• Like 2

16_zpsi5jpwbyj.jpg

Squeezing the end with a bolt risks snapping the brittle casting. The clearance needs to be reduced to a minimum BUT cannot be too tight or striking rod can't rotate inside. Very hard to get at but I slid thin washers on each side of the striking rod and the casting, then slid the pin with the E clip through to hold them on my 521.

• Like 1

Thanks for that Link !!  Those are what I need.

This forum has been so helpful !

You guys are awesome !

Link:

http://www.new-datsun-parts.com/datsun-pl620-truck-parts.html

Scroll down, he has those three pieces and the dust cover for the adjustment screw. I'll look when I head down to my shop in a few for the clips though. But like I said will only be one of each unless I steal from one of the two trucks on cold storage.

And again you may be able to find the adjustment screw cover on ebay. The clips would be harder to find

• Like 1

Thanks for the Info Mike.

Squeezing the end with a bolt risks snapping the brittle casting. The clearance needs to be reduced to a minimum BUT cannot be too tight or striking rod can't rotate inside. Very hard to get at but I slid thin washers on each side of the striking rod and the casting, then slid the pin with the E clip through to hold them on my 521.

Can any of you Gurus tell me if this is the Carriage Bearing and Insulator aka rubber boot for the driveshaft ?? 

The description Says  AFTERMARKET CENTER SUPPORT BEARING WITH THE BUSHING

Mine is toast and I need a new rubber boot.

Thanks

pl620b78_zpssemlcqmb.jpg