old datsun fan back into it...............new to Ratsun

I have found myself back into Datsuns after a 30 year separation. I had 2 411's back in high school and now have purchased a 70 521 from another Ratsun member and I am in the process of getting her back to good condition. I have spent many hours looking thru craigslist  for parts and the web and found very few. I need a little help or direction to find a Datsun contact in W. Washington state.....Seattle, Olympia area. Is there anyone out there that might have a hood for a 521 and 5 speed trans? Any help would be appreciated ... thanks  

• Like 1
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Ratsun Bugbusters there are lots of L521 and PL521 owners here. If looking for information on parts like where to buy spark plugs or what are the best kind then post any questions. If just looking for parts like a fender or seats it has to be in the Classifieds...

Hood.... http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/category/9-body-and-interior/?sort_key=date_added&sort_order=desc

5 speed... http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/category/5-drivetrain/?sort_key=date_added&sort_order=desc

This leaves our forums free for discussion purposes.

Thank you for the info.... the guy I got the truck from said this is the best group out there. 

lol this cant be true .... oly town here... no hood per say but any help u need ask away .,.... me phixius, duece duece,  uber goober, naner ... fat 510 all get down in thurston county .,.. prolly left  a few out 

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up the truck from an army guy at Ft Lewis.  he painted military green with a big star on the doors..... he said there is pics of it somewhere in here .

He had a bad meeting with a fence post and took out the grill, apron, and the front center of the hood..... a direct center hit in the front end. I am in the process of repairing the rust issues and fixing the front end but i dont think i can repair the hood.  So A hood is top of the list...... if anyone knows of one please halla