Help me get my 510 on the road

Hello everyone I've had this account for years it I believe this is my first time posting. I have always wanted a 510 just never thought I would find one. Iam located in wisconsin and have never seen one in real life. Well finally I found one 2 hours from me. Picked it up from a guy in his 30's who pulled it out of a old junk yard/storage for a old used car dealership a friend of his owns anyways the car is a 1972 510 wagon and it was traded in for a newer car in 1994 and sat since. My problem is the title he had for it was somewhat destroyed for sitting in the gloce box for so long and is unusable now some of the paperwork with the car says the last owner who traded it in was named Harold e. Wild and Iam told has since been decised. The guy I got it from says he's working on getting the lost/abandoned title back from the dmv but I don't want to rely on someone getting the tittle for me. Is there anything any of you know I can do to obtain a title for a classic datsun that has been sitting so long like this? I got it running and driving on its own power and everything lights up as it did 20 years ago she just needs breaks. Please help me get this girl back on the road where she belongs. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummmmmm, RW has promised to be nice, and apart from this, no further comment, but OP, seriously have you not worked out the basic Ratsun rules?

Clearly not!

And, for fucks sake, make your post more readable by using some punctuation, carriage returns, and most importantly pictures!

FFS, newbs, sheesh!

• Like 1

Wow..

I thought for a second I was on a Honda forum..

I'm sorry I did not get a book of rules to read before I made my post. Iam also sorry you can't read English, next time I make a post I will make sure Iam not typing all of this on my phone and I will proof read it a few times to make sure I don't offend you and your lack of understanding with what Iam "trying" to say. Also I noticed you did not respond to my post with any help that I asked for so in that case your post wasn't needed. So unless you have something to say that is related to my topic please don't bring your disrespect here. Thank you.

• Like 5

If the guy from the dealer is doing the work you will have an easier time having him handle it. Just keep on top of him. 

A dealership with a notorized title clerk carries way more weight than you ever will with the DMV. 

• Like 3
Guest Rick-rat

Wow..

I'm sorry I did not get a book of rules to read before I made my post. Iam also sorry you can't read English, next time I make a post I will make sure Iam not typing all of this on my phone and I will proof read it a few times to make sure I don't offend you and your lack of understanding with what Iam "trying" to say. Also I noticed you did not respond to my post with any help that I asked for so in that case your post wasn't needed. So unless you have something to say that is related to my topic please don't bring your disrespect here. Thank you.

He's an Australian, can't expect too much   :rofl:

What Flatcat said :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Welcome to Ratsun

• Like 2

He's an Australian, can't expect too much   :rofl:

What Flatcat said :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Welcome to Ratsun

Yep, damm Aussies.

We do demand a lot!

And yeh, welcome to Ratsun, now post some pics please.

• Like 2

Wow..

Don't mind him he's upside down and ass backwards, plus he should be in the shop fixing rust not hassling new datto owners.

Should not be too hard anyway you go about it, being its been 20yrs.

Rock auto is a good source for rear brake stuff, and steering linkage, however I don't think anywhere will sell stock 510 calipers, so you might want to start the search for 280zx complete strut assy. Welcome to Ratsun squid

• Like 1

Don't mind him he's upside down and ass backwards, plus he should be in the shop fixing rust not hassling new datto owners.

Dammit, i am working on the rust and yeh, being upside down and back to front Causes serios problems :)

Hopefully OP will post pics, hell ive only got 31 years of Datsun ownership and info to share :(

Back in my box now.

• Like 1

Wow..

Oh they read English there, they don't speak American.

Every time the rat replies I read it with an Australian accent.

Get a bill of sale, get a lost title form and have the seller sign it. Stand in line a the DMV and give them what ever they ask for. At least that is how it works in California

Welcome to Ratsun! Where are those damn photos!?

An-elder-Aborigine.jpg

• Like 3

Isn't the rules in Wisconsin way more strict?

I'd just go down to the DMV and see what they want. Bring a bill of sale and all the stuff you can think of.

If the guy that sold it says he is gonna help then that's good. Bring a pack of ball point pens, two different colors, lol

• Like 1

One more suggestion. With most deceased estates their is an heir. Take the bill of sale, the destroyed title and a loss title affidavit to the heir and they will be able to legally sign off. You will need a notorized copy of the death certificate and a notorized document showing that they are the legal heir.

I know this sounds difficult but I have found it to be the most efficient way of recovering getting a legal title.

• Like 1

Not really just didn't know they were supra wheels, I've always seen them on 86's and supra figured toyota put the same wheels on them because they were a nice design. The guy I got them from said they came off a 86, I never really paid attention to factory toyota wheels from the 80's but they still look a lot better then the steelies that came on it.