Arizona Z-Car 4bbl manifold?

dimlight65

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But L28 in '62 Econoline does not.

With factory FI, SUs, Dual DGVs, or triple DCOEs I would agree with you.  But a hillbilly four barrel hangin' off the side and the only giveaway is the valve cover.

• Like 1

With factory FI, SUs, Dual DGVs, or triple DCOEs I would agree with you.  But a hillbilly four barrel hangin' off the side and the only giveaway is the valve cover.

I disagree, theyre some really nice 4 barrel carbs out that are excellent. Someone should throw an l28 on the dyno and do back to back runs comparing all these. I bet this would give the su's and dual dgv's a hurtin.. Hard to beat triple dcoe's though.... Dat sound haha

Does anyone have any experience with this setup?  I'm thinking of dropping an L-28 into a '62 Ford Falcon Econoline Van and this intake just screams "Period Correct!" to me.  

http://www.arizonazcar.com/manifold.html

But L28 in '62 Econoline does not.

I was saying that a Nissan L28 is not anywhere near period correct for a Ford van. In fact the L six clinder wasn't invented for another 8? years. L28 for another 5 on top of that. It IS a six cylinder though.  Fords used a lot of Holly carbs back then so the 4 bbl is somewhat correct.

I was saying that a Nissan L28 is not anywhere near period correct for a Ford van. In fact the L six clinder wasn't invented for another 8? years. L28 for another 5 on top of that. It IS a six cylinder though.  Fords used a lot of Holly carbs back then so the 4 bbl is somewhat correct.

Yes sir, you are correct in that assessment.  MY point was... well... ok, it's like this... FINE, if you're going to bring logic into this, I'm just not going to be able to keep talking to you.

• Like 2

Yes sir, you are correct in that assessment.  MY point was... well... ok, it's like this... FINE, if you're going to bring logic into this, I'm just not going to be able to keep talking to you.

if your not going to talk to dmike based on logic your going to miss out on alot of knowledge 

that manifold from arizona z car is a very good design from what I have heard 

...that manifold from arizona z car is a very good design from what I have heard 

Well, the only GOOD things I have read about them were posts by the manufacturer.  But then again, I have to admit I have never read anything BAD about them.  I just wanted some third party opinions.  

I disagree, theyre some really nice 4 barrel carbs out that are excellent. Someone should throw an l28 on the dyno and do back to back runs comparing all these. I bet this would give the su's and dual dgv's a hurtin.. Hard to beat triple dcoe's though.... Dat sound haha

In-correct.A four barrel has no place on a in-line engine. And all things being equal,the four barrel would get smoked by A SU set-up.

And the biggest red flag of all:The only good things you have read are from the manufacturer.TAKE THE HINT.

Guest Rick-rat

There you go again, non fact based, opinions, had an inline 6 with a 4 barrel and it was great, and I don't think he is considering racing with an econoline van. Nothing new would be thought of if everyone applied logic to everything, simple enough for you now? Sometimes the illogical thing is the right thing to do

1)There you go again, non fact based, opinions, 2)had an inline 6 with a 4 barrel and it was great, 3)and I don't think he is considering racing with an econoline van. 4)Nothing new would be thought of if everyone applied logic to everything, simple enough for you now? Sometimes the illogical thing is the right thing to do

1)If you mean that I'm RIGHT again, then yes, you are correct.2)That's nice. Great is subjective.3) Who cares? 4)This is the dumbest thing I've seen posted on Ratsun in years.

BTW-this debate is going to turn just like the last one.So why waste your time?

Guest Rick-rat

1)If you mean that I'm Wrong again, then yes, you are correct.2)That's nice. Great is not me.3) Who cares? 4)This is the dumbest thing I've ever posted on Ratsun in years.

BTW-this debate is going to turn just like the last one.So why waste your time?                  I like calling you on your bullshit and misinformation

About your question, that setup you pictured would be OK for full- throttle racing. But there is a version in which there are individual vertical columns for each barrel and that design would work better for a car driven at part-throttle.

I don't know if anyone has tried this, but I wonder what a vacuum secondary spread-bore type carb would be like on an L6 (modify the square-bore manifold)?

I am putting together an AMC 258 cu.in. with a Jeep 4.0 HO head (inline 6 cyl) and I am using an Offenhauser Dual-Port manifold, but with a spread-bore carb adapted to the manifold. I use Dual-Ports on my L4 510 and my Toyota 20R with Weber 32/36 for street driving. But I'd like to find a progressive 2 bbl. with a vacuum secondary barrel

(the Webers are mechanical secondaries).