• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot most of you young'uns were only born in the eighties therefore having no experience of the saber rattling between the US and USSR.

The unprecedented arms buildup by the US led to the same by the USSR.

Nuclear annihilation was a very real possibility in some peoples eyes.

In Europe we had the CND (Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament) and anarcho punk left wing factions.

In the US we had "The Day After" ( a made for TV movie dramatizing a nuclear assault on American soil.).

I've lived through this fear, this is nothing new. 

But then I don't live my life like I have 100 years to f#$% around and be a wastoid...

Here is a little musical gem from the early 80's which typified the nuclear angst of the time.

I forgot most of you young'uns were only born in the eighties therefore having no experience of the saber rattling between the US and USSR.

The unprecedented arms buildup by the US led to the same by the USSR.

Nuclear annihilation was a very real possibility in some peoples eyes.

In Europe we had the CND (Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament) and anarcho punk left wing factions.

In the US we had "The Day After" ( a made for TV movie dramatizing a nuclear assault on American soil.).

I've lived through this fear, this is nothing new. 

But then I don't live my life like I have 100 years to f#$% around and be a wastoid...

Here is a little musical gem from the early 80's which typified the nuclear angst of the time.

https://youtu.be/tO_hU3utEpM

This is not the 80s, we are entertained and not afraid.

Welcome to the 21st century!

• Like 2

He already has begun moving nukes into Syria. Did anyone read my link. I know its a small paragraph but not much more is needed after Obama sponsored the shooting of the Su-24. Then goes on TV to say its Russia's fault and used a veiled threat that more accidents are going to happen if they don't do what Obama the fucker wants. 

He operates just like his cry-bullies on our college campuses. 

Fuck Obama, and Fuck Feckless Liberals. 

I experienced the tail end of the cold war and even as a small kid it didn't go by without fear. 1986 almost became the end of everyone world wide. The story is chilling how close we came to annihilation.

• Like 1