ka24e or ka24de?

bonvo

the more i think about it the more i think a ka will be my future powerplant but which one the ka24e or ka24de? which one has more power potential ive read that the E seems to be batter if i wanna do an na build and if i wanna go turbo the de is better is this the case what do you guys think

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

neither one is better for your questions you asked. However the E is far easier to get parts for and its WAY easier to work on, its basically a grown up L-engine. Theres way more KA24DE high HP builds out there due to simply the popularity of the engine, just like SR kinda thing. The thing is the KA24E can be capable of just as much HP, there's a couple of 650hp KA24e's over at KA-t and many over on the east coast built by some puerto rican transplants. For the average guy though, I would just stick with the KA24e. peace.

300 is triple the stock horsepower ans isnt overkill im not looking for super car here but somthing that will stay on my dads infinity i30's tail :P hes putting down 250 in a car that weighs almost double what mine weighs

More valves means better breathing, which means more power. The DE should outperform the E (all things equal). Side by side they are almost equal, what 10hp different? Not enough to matter really.

Two motors more or less equal but one has 10 more hp... which one will most people pick?... the one with more HP, even if it only 3-4 more. This is not always a good indicator of how well a motor will perform.

Triple the KAE hp would be around 400HP. If his car weighs twice yours a stock KA would probably smoke him in a tiny 610!

From the Wiki:

KA24e 140hp @ 5600

KA24de 155hp @ 5200

I will be using the KA24e myself, I got mine cheap and complete, heck, I got the complete 240sx's for $300 each. I want the FI and the torque myself from the bigger engine.

From the Wiki:

KA24e 152lb/ft @ 4400

KA24de 160lb/ft @ 4200

Both are good engines and you can make good power out of either if you feel the need to.

The dual cam feels like it has more top end from my experience, which are from mostly stock engines. I like the low end of my single cam though, with the low gears in my truck its like a tractor :D

Is there a way to get some carbs on the KA24E? I am keeping my L20B until I kill it, and I want to try for the same thing, a KA powered 610. But, I want carbs; Hell, I'd love to try out some 44mm carbs off of a 240Z, just to see if it can be done. My 2 cents. Sorry to threadjack, bonvo.

lol william bro dont worry about thread jacking :P yeah duke is doing a carbed ka but hes also doing a ka24de not a ka24e i know the manifolds for both exhaust and intake (thanks to ratsun :D) are different so it would be a little different still making a custom intake at the very least the E is sounding like the winner here im looking to make good power for a daily driver but when i romp on it from time to time i got some balls and since most daily driving is in the lower end and the E can still rev to what 7000? and there cheap cause everyone is yanking them out of the s13 sounds like we got a winner johnny

i have also contemplated this de vs e battle for a possible swap for my bee.

i have looked at dropping in a de since out here at least they are plentiful at pick a part. also, expect the price of the de's to drop even more since they are getting older. in fact, there are two e's and three de's at pick a part this very moment and yes there in 240's. i also want to get at least 300 ponies by going turbo. but,

it would be cheaper in the long run to just start off with an sr or ca. it would be more money up front but a lot cheaper in the long run. if 300 ponies is your goal, i would overlook the ka's and just hold off a little longer for an sr or ca. if you go turbo ka, just getting quality exhaust turbo manifold (i'm not talking cheap ebay turbo manifold), turbo, ecu, injectors, to name a few things, will put you way over what the initial investment of a ca. just my 2 cents.

if you go turbo ka, just getting quality exhaust turbo manifold (i'm not talking cheap ebay turbo manifold), turbo, ecu, injectors, to name a few things, will put you way over what the initial investment of a ca. just my 2 cents.

OTOH, KA's are extremely plentiful. They are everywhere. If you happen to blow one or need some parts for it, you can head to the junkyard or your local parts store/dealership and get the parts you need right away. And if you go junkyarding or search on craigslist you can get things for real cheap.

That reason right there is why I don't want an SR. It's also the reason I'm having a hard time with buying a CA, even thought I would buy a CA, the lack of available parts makes it a tough decision.

I'm with b210in, if you want big hp and a turbo, buy a modern turbo motor and go to town. At least there's support in the aftermarket for the stuff. On the other hand if a daily driver engine with some oomph, a e or de is fine. I'm going the e route because a 152lb/ft of torque in a 510 is more than enough for me. I'm betting I could get L16 milage numbers out of it too on 87 octane gas and given the price at the pump these days, those 2 arguements weigh pretty heavily with me.

like i said earlier thats all im really looking for is a dd motor with some ummph im thinking ka24e with a cam tuned ecu a headder performance intake bigger injectorsthat should give me what im looking for and if need be bump up the compression by milling the head or somthing like i said im not after huge hp here just somthing fun to drive that can occationally kick a little civics ass :D

i know you've seen this but maybe zerow hasnt..

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=5832

Thanks, lynchfourtwenty. No I did not see this one. I like the look, really.

I would want to try it out and feel the difference from the driver's seat. But that would be like me asking to screw someones girl, just to see if it was allright.:D