Let's try this again; flatcat's 521

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Body bolts are SAE.

Anybody can step up and disprove this theory at any time.

I don't have a 521 to prove you wrong.. but I've got about 100 hours into a certain 521. I recall lots of the bolts being metric on the body. I extracted and tapped enough, you'd think I'd know.. but I don't remember. I even tapped bumper mounting holes.

Who knows though.. it seems like every time I would need to find a bolt it was the exact opposite of what I found in the bolt pile. fml.

• Like 2

I have retapped a few holes on this.

Some were strictly SAE. Some were metric.

Some were a close enough pitch I just rammed a metric tap through them.

These bumper bolts, being so big, I'd hate to break a tap in the hole or cross-thread one terribly.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
As we sit currently...

20151113_190921_zpsbgy484j8.jpg

New clutch slave went out on the last day of moving...been hard parked since Halloween. 

Had a few coworkers swing by and help me push it in to the garage. 

Will install new slave and hose Sunday. Hopefully get this out of the garage for a few hours more of unpacking. 

Something else I'm doing...

20151113_185655_zpsazzbwjpj.jpg

My rear tires bub the inside of the fenders on compression. Trying to lightly roll them up. 

20151113_185833_zpsokfvhdot.jpg

Wood is not suitable for this application. Found a fence pole out behind the shed in the back yard I will cut to size tomorrow.

• Like 2
Oh, Busta...when you see it. 

20151113_191144_zpsoz5lerpr.jpg

tdaaj came through with a rear view mirror for me. 521 stalk with a 620 mirror. Very stoked.

Story behind the bell...

The collar is from the original flattened cat. His name was Obsidian. He was my peke-faced Persian I had for many years. Sunk-in face. Dark chocolate in color. 

He was a sneaky little bastard. We had to install the bell to hear him sneaking out of an open door. He got so good at walking around with it the bell stopped making noise. 

Obsidian wore the collar for many years. We never took off the bell because we had forgotten about it. He'd been wearing it for years without making a peep. 

One day, coming home from work, I found the collar just laying on the couch-still buckled. Never saw my little buddy again. 

:crying:

• Like 3

So does the current cat wear a cowbell??

:lol:

Sucks about the cat dude.....that's just sad.... :crying:

• Like 1

That is a horribly sad yet also spectacularly awesome cat story. I love cats. Bailing with no notice and a perfect mystery of the still buckled collar seems like the perfect exit for a cat. It just seems like a cat thing to do. But sorry you lost your cat, bummer deal.

Current cat(s), nor I, wear bells. 

The first time I owned this truck I had the collar hanging from the mirror. That collar will never leave it's current location again. 

And to any who had wondered...that is the basis of username. Been using flatcat19 for years for everything. 

It has absolutely nothing to do with running over cats. 

• Like 2