Track Days..............Let's GO!!!

Busta Nut

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I wish I could come out to one of these with you guys.  I have been wanting to do a track day with my car for a long time.  Looks like to much fun!

Dooo eeeet.  After my first track day, I had no desire to Autox my 510 anymore.  2 mins of drive time vs an hour and half of drive time....

Love the pics and vids in this thread!!

I just signed up for Buttonwillow May 10th with Speed Dynamics.  I know you guys are itchin to drive some more ;) 

• Like 4

Dooo eeeet.  After my first track day, I had no desire to Autox my 510 anymore.  2 mins of drive time vs an hour and half of drive time....

I just signed up for Buttonwillow May 10th with Speed Dynamics.  I know you guys are itchin to drive some more ;)

Id love to sign up for button willow… but I need to figure out my carb situation first… 

A trailer would be really nice too….

• Like 2

LOL! It was a combination of testing the limits, looking in the rear view and the tires a little over inflated as the track was getting hotter by the end of the day.

I remember going right at the photographer as my rear end came around me. :rofl: :rofl: I bet he took a few steps back before he finally shot the picture once I had came completely off of the track.

I ordered prints from the photographer and will frame that one. :thumbup:

I had a great time. Can't wait to get back on the track with these cool Datsun peeps again. :thumbup:

• Like 3

That was exactly what sold me on track vs. Autocrossing...the actual time on the track! You can't compare 5 min to an hour plus!!

• Like 1

Id love to sign up for button willow… but I need to figure out my carb situation first… 

A trailer would be really nice too….

Demo, I thought the issue was the needle valve? Maybe swap needle valves from the bad carb to the good one and see if the issue follows.
  • Like 1

Demo, I thought the issue was the needle valve? Maybe swap needle valves from the bad carb to the good one and see if the issue follows.

The original issue was the needle valve... So I ordered up two rebuild kits to rebuild em both... Then when I pulled off the front carb... The manifold ear was broken off... Looks like it has been repaired before...

3621D1D5-5503-4841-B221-1F8DCE51C500.jpg

So rather the risk it breaking again I am upgrading to Mikuni 44s. Unfortunately this puts the datto out for ~5 weeks

• Like 3
  • 3 months later...