Track Days..............Let's GO!!!

Busta Nut

Skyblue, Busta Nut: Thanks for the clarification on the tires. That makes more sense as to why you are running narrower tires :rofl:.

Hey, some of you guys were at the DatsunLoco fun run we had Sunday the 22nd, right? Looking at the pictures that were posted from a previous track event, I some of those cars were there sunday.

Yes....some of us were there....

Me...Skyblue........

All of us have been on at least one of Datslocos funruns....

• Like 2
  • Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uber Deaf One, thanks for your input. I really appreciate it.

I too would like to make it to the Buttonwillow event. I've always wanted to race there but could never get anybody to go with me.

Busta Nut, I seen the orange, green and white with a red stripe if I'm not mistaken at the fun run. Who drives what?

Uber Deaf One, thanks for your input. I really appreciate it.

I too would like to make it to the Buttonwillow event. I've always wanted to race there but could never get anybody to go with me.

Busta Nut, I seen the orange, green and white with a red stripe if I'm not mistaken at the fun run. Who drives what?

I got the one with the pink stripe and breast cancer ribbon.....used to be green on one side and orange on the other....

Skyblue drives the OG green....

...and Firstdime drives the orange one....he hasn't gone to a track day yet...

Bababooey :P (510T) has the bad ass blue flared one.....

DatsunTrauma won't drive his sweet 2dr..... :lol:

KGB....super clean red 4dr

• Like 5

Hmmmm having issues getting responses emailed too me,.. need to check my settings…. 

I think I'm gonna swap the 4.11 in… I need to pull this 4.44 apart again and try to shim it tighter… LSD is breaking too early...

Hey guys, I have a few questions about set up and components you guys are running on your cars. I'm asking everyone on the forum that tracks their Datsuns. Not just the people that are planning on this track event. I'm asking so I can pick your brains a bit. It's not intended for bragging purposes...unless you feel you have to :rofl:.

What tires are you running?

What suspension set up do you have? Springs, coilovers?, lowered by how much (approximate), sway bars, camber plates?, alignment, camber and caster angles, shocks, struts (510, 280zx, others), ect..

What drive train and rear end?

Brake set up (pads, brake M/C, discs all around?, drums in rear?)

Haven't had mine on the track yet.. but have auto crossed it

Ive got some big meat for tires… 205 x15 Falken azenzis… they barely fit… haven't driven them any harder then a fun run though so the track will be interesting… for autoX i had been running some tiny little 13" slicks, but the rubber compound is too soft to handle 20 minutes on the track

As for suspension I am currently on some lowering springs and bilstein struts on shortened  510 struts up front. rear is a slotted crossmember… no clue of the alignment… need to go see busta for that one - Big ass sway bar up front and pretty large one in the back

280z or zx 5 spd… not really sure….  the gap between 4th and 5th is really small… matted to an L20...

Currently running a 4.44 rear end… but will swab my 4.11 in. I have autoXed a 3.9  and 4,11 and its noticeably quicker with the 4.11. The 4.44 is kinda stupid… but really fun.

Brakes I am currently running stock 510 stuff front and rear with porter field r4s pads and shoes… never had a problem on the street or autoX… although did push them a little far on the last fun run i did since i didn't know then roads...

but…. I have DP racings 10.25 wilwood kit on its way so that will all change shortly

• Like 2

I got the one with the pink stripe and breast cancer ribbon.....used to be green on one side and orange on the other....

Haha well my 2dr is probably pushing 115hp and the Z is 300hp... Plus my dogleg is dog shit! Right now the 510 is for meets, fun runs, and hard parkn that biatch lol!! The Z is for autocross and track.

510 will be at the next bbq and the datsloco swap for sureeee.

• Like 3

If you guys make the next Datsloco fun run maybe I can meet you guys and talk a little. I'm just real excited to see that other datsun owners have the same interest as me.

I've been racing for a few years, a few times each year, but never were there any 510s. There were a few 240s here and there but they were always with a crowd of newer cars. I always felt a little out of place because most racers with NCRC.org race newer cars. I hope we can keep this going for a long time and become better drivers while doing it. Above all, though, have fun with our cars out on a real race track.

• Like 3

Hmmmm having issues getting responses emailed too me,.. need to check my settings…. 

I think I'm gonna swap the 4.11 in… I need to pull this 4.44 apart again and try to shim it tighter… LSD is breaking too early...

Haven't had mine on the track yet.. but some big meat for tires… 205 x15 Falken azenzis… they barely fit… haven't driven them any harder then a fun run though so the track will be interesting… for autoX i had been running some tiny little 13" slicks, but the rubber compound is too soft to handle 20 minutes on the track

As for suspension I am currently on some lowering springs and bilstein struts on shortened  510 struts up front. rear is a slotted crossmember… no clue of the alignment… need to go see busta for that one - Big ass sway bar up front and pretty large one in the back

280z or zx 5 spd… not really sure….  the gap between 4th and 5th is really small… matted to an L20...

Currently running a 4.44 rear end… but will swab my 4.11 in. I have autoXed a 3.9  and 4,11 and its noticeably quicker with the 4.11. The 4.44 is kinda stupid… but really fun.

Brakes I am currently running stock 510 stuff front and rear with porter field r4s pads and shoes… never had a problem on the street or autoX… although did push them a little far on the last fun run i did since i didn't know then roads...

but…. I have DP racings 10.25 wilwood kit on its way so that will all change shortly

I currently have those Falkens on my bubble flare car. I like them. Good grip and they last a long time. I've noticed that it takes almost two laps for me to get enough heat in them to get them to grip like they should.

Those wilwoods will most definitely improve your braking! When i first started racing i had 280zx up front and in the rear andi was very pleased with them on the track. I never encountered any fade and alway had great pedal feel. I've since upgraded to wilwoods and again the braking got a little better. I think you will be very pleased with the wilwoods.

I currently have those Falkens on my bubble flare car. I like them. Good grip and they last a long time. I've noticed that it takes almost two laps for me to get enough heat in them to get them to grip like they should.

Those wilwoods will most definitely improve your braking! When i first started racing i had 280zx up front and in the rear andi was very pleased with them on the track. I never encountered any fade and alway had great pedal feel. I've since upgraded to wilwoods and again the braking got a little better. I think you will be very pleased with the wilwoods.

Yea I have noticed the falkens can take a while to warm up and they are pretty slick when cold… can't wait to really see how the handle. Hardest I've driven them was a fun run… never got to autox them

Stoked for the wilwoods… had a few little issues… but should have em all worked out… the biggest being that the inlet to the caliper is 1/8x27npt and the 510 brake line is m10x1…. impossible to find that adapter… but flyingmiatas makes em

• Like 1

Demo243, why didn't you go with a steel braided brake lines? What master are you using? I've found that the 7/8" master gives you the best pedal feel. I had the Wilwood 1" master on my white car but I was massively disappointed. The pedal feel was inconsistent and it leaked from the bleed ports. What a P.O.S!! 

Demo243, why didn't you go with a steel braided brake lines? What master are you using? I've found that the 7/8" master gives you the best pedal feel. I had the Wilwood 1" master on my white car but I was massively disappointed. The pedal feel was inconsistent and it leaked from the bleed ports. What a P.O.S!!

Already running steel braided lines and s 7/8s master

I have no idea what kind of car this is, but the video is great. This is the upcoming track layout and has tons of information overlaid on the footage.

Thanks that's awesome!!!!

Interesting that he tops out around 85mph....

Hmmmmmm

• Like 1

Hey guys, what time do we have to be there on the track Saturday morning? I've searched their web page but there is nothing on the driver's morning briefing. I know we will get all the info about a week before the race but I like to plan ahead. Thanks

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...