79 620 lift

cardkey98

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMG_0101.jpg

Body lift of 2" is do-able. You'll need 14 or maybe 16 x 2" spacers and longer bolts to go through them. Anything solid like rubber pucks, metal... Leave the stock rubber isolators on. The brake lines will easily stretch 2". The rad may need to be lowered in the rad support as the body goes up the hoses stretch. Gas tank filler hose may or may not stretch enough. The steering column is fixed to the frame at the front and the dash inside. Loosen the dash end, lift the body, them pry the column up an bolt it down. I was able to get a 4" lift by loosening the steering box bolts and allowing the box to tilt up slightly before tightening it down again.

• Like 1

You can crank the torsions the opposite by tightening the lever arm bolts. A longer shackle in the rear will get you a bit of lift.

This one was raised til the upper a-arm rested on the upper bumpstops. It ended up on 30" BFG All terrains before it got parted out. :(

ryanparked.jpg

This one has custom lengthened a-arms and lower control arms.

4.jpg

• Like 1

2" blocks and taller aggressive tires will give lift you want,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, well for awhile anyway. :devil:

I dig a lifted truck over a lowered one,, i need to go up into Capital forest and a goofy lowered peecup, just ain't gonna cut it up there.

Bigger tires don't fit well. I managed (at one point)10.5 X 30 tires, but needed a 4" body lift... and I still had to dent in the body below the pedals. 

Hate shackles. A 4" set will gain an inch or so because the spring is hinged at the front. All they do is bend the leaf down and make the suspension high and unstable.

Well technically 2 inches, since the axle is in the middle... Triangles! But yes I would kind of agree...

But I hate body lifts, all they do is raise the center of gravity without increasing ground clearance.

Any ways, this truck has stock height rear end, indexed torsion bars, and larger tires (not sure what size, PM Kneesamo for that). I think it looks pretty decent.

02232007037.jpg

Blocks will lower it, since the axle is above the leafs. Longer shackles, and then level out with the torsion bars.

Yeah if you put them on the axle but since nobody is that stupid,,,,,,,,, 

I was commenting on the post above mentioning BODY lift . Hence using BLOCKS to lift BODY farther from frame,,,, thus giving what is known as a BODY lift.  THUS and get this... one is able to install taller tires , which are in fact the only true lift ........ period,

but i was going on what i've done to a Datsun truck ,,,not what i have regurgitated off the internet. ;)

like this only i would make my own as i'm far to cheap to buy

(for a 720 but you get the idea)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/261570197297?lpid=82

I lifted one of my 70 521s with a home made body lift.  I made 3" spacers at all body and bed mounting points.  The I had to extend speedometer cable, accelerator cable, emergency brake cable, steel and hose brake lines and clutch hose. Oh ya extend wiring, fuel rubber hoses out of the tank.

Before you even star to lift the body disconnect all the things as the will cause problems.  Just check before you start and disconnect anything that is attached to the body and the frame and also the bed and the frame.  I might have missed something.  Radiator hoses and heater hoses also.