way out there thread.......rear end swap....

Llittle_Llama

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dwnshfter, are you serious or are you making contemplative conversation?

If you don't have the fabrication skills & tools and engineering ability, you should stick with the H190 in the truck. It can handle the power you are "suggesting"..

A solid axle would be better for drifting. You definitely want LSD in it too.

Here's an idea... Look through the VG powered Pathfinders for one with the Sport Package. Factory LSDs were optional on them. Find one and get the diff. and the axles with backing plates for the rear disc brakes. Next get the rear axle housing from a VG powered D21 Hardbody and fit the H-233-B differential and axles into it. You now have a much stouter H-233 LSD differential with disc brakes. You could jusrt use the Pathfinder axle complete but they were coil spring. These would need cutting off and the spring perches welded on.

hmmmm, tat sounds pretty good too, much better than what i was thinking. only reason i was thinking 240 was to make it easy. i will not be doing the fabbing, there are a few nissan guys around here that wanna do the swap and they will do it all, i will just assist. i was really wanting to get away from the 6 lug though and was another reason for the 240 rear end.

Curious. What is the differance in width between the 620 housing and the Pathy/HB housing? Personally, I'm not concerned with what type of mounting each has. I can take care of that.

How about available gear ratios?

I'll take my tape measure next time. I have an '82 axle in my 620 so I don't know how wide they(620s) are. The two Paths near me are 4.375 and 4.625 non posi I think. One has the rear disc brakes... kool!

pathy rear end is 5/8" wider than a HB rear end which is quite a bit longer than a 620 rear end. Also, most v6 pickups built after 4/87 came with an LSD anyway so you wouldn't need to find one from a pathy if you find a v6 pickup. Shortening an axle could be quite cost effective though if you find the right places to do it. peace.

Curious. What is the differance in width between the 620 housing and the Pathy/HB housing? Personally, I'm not concerned with what type of mounting each has. I can take care of that.

How about available gear ratios?

If memory serves the HB housing is about 5" wider than the 620.

2eDeYe;82448'']Are the axle splines bigger/different count on the Pardbody/Pathfinder compared to the H190?

I know what you're thinking. I asked on another forum. The real question is will they, and the wheel bearing, fit the 620 axle tube?

What kinda gears came in a 75 620 seems really low

Just a thought. If a LSD for the H190 is around $400, why not buy a HB rear WITH disc brakes, spend the $250 to have it narrowed and call it good. You'd probably be money ahead and have disc's to boot.:rolleyes:

I know what you're thinking. I asked on another forum. The real question is will they, and the wheel bearing, fit the 620 axle tube?

Actually I was thinking cut down the H223 and run the shorter H190 axles and bearing ends, but you were close :D

I was thinking cut/re-spline the Hardbody axles. Slip into the H-190 axle tube for rear discs.

I'm checking also to see if the backing plate can be swapped onto the H-190 axletoo.

I like your idea too. Posi is what I'm after, rear disc is highly over rated. There's a Path near me with 4.625 gears and disc. (no posi) I got 4.11 with 33s and it's slow.