Highest prices for 510s

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you really wanna know what its worth for insurance purposes, get it appraised like i did mine. Mine was put at 35k, can i get that selling it...probally not unless i found the right buyer, ive already been offered 25k for it from a nissan dealer. But i could be offered 50 and id refuse to sell her.   Prices are going up, but i do miss the day of finding the 500 dollar 510 just sitting in someones driveway :( 

Old cars, Stocks in companies, and horses are only worth what some fool will pay for them.

Never ceases to amuse me that people are willing to set aside the intrinsic value for an (extrinsic) monetary value on their Datsuns. It's 'value' is only really meaningful if selling or insuring. The value of any Datsun I have ever owned, never entered into the enjoyment of that ownership. It's value to me was no more important than the air in the tires. When I think of increasing it's 'value', I think of ways to make it more enjoyable or pleasing to me.

• Like 1

As the saying goes, there's an ass for every seat. With that being said there isn't enough money in the world to buy my Datsun. But I get what OP is asking. From a curiosity stand point it would be fascinating to see what some boob will spend on a 510. I think the prices 510s are going for is asinine yet I watch with great interest at what some people will list theirs for.

Never ceases to amuse me that people are willing to set aside the intrinsic value for an (extrinsic) monetary value on their Datsuns. It's 'value' is only really meaningful if selling or insuring. The value of any Datsun I have ever owned, never entered into the enjoyment of that ownership. It's value to me was no more important than the air in the tires. When I think of increasing it's 'value', I think of ways to make it more enjoyable or pleasing to me.

The air in the tires are basically necessary and extremely important.

Just to point out a mistake you made.

Yes it has to be there and in the correct quantity but I was talking about the extrinsic 'value'. Like how much it costs (free) and how easily obtained. (everywhere) Lets hope Jay doesn't take some for a test ride or the price will go up.