Carr Nissan reamed us good... need mechanic

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ False

By your logic if they sold a car with a bad engine the day before the dealership sold you would have to go to another dealership they own to get it repaired??   What if the past owners had no other auto dealerships??

It's called escrow fellas it's standard operating procedure in sales of companies with the possibility of damages filed by past clients.

I'm trying to see how stopping payments on a loan, that has a contract all it's own through a bank that is not connected to the dealer directly, is even a possibility in the range of things to do over a disagreement of a service contract, on its own separate signed paperwork, is even some how believed to be a logical thought process.

Yes, you should totally stop payments to Such and Such Bank in an attempt to fix your issue with Bob and Dicks Dealership.

What most are not understanding is that each of these is legally viewed as a separate transaction, whether done in the same building or whether the customer agrees or not, the complaint is with the former dealership owner, period. 

If the new owner is forced to deal with the problem on terms not agreeable to them the customer is merely an asshole customer wrongfully and forcefully bullying their way into what they want, not what is deserved. 

I doubt highly that the fine print on the signed contract doesn't have a clause for just this situation.  I would say it at least has a definition of "lifetime" as pertaining to the contract with in the terms.

Another point is that the dealer in question is legally viewed as a defunct entity with outstanding debts that you'll have to file against to get anything back.  I can all but guarantee that the individual dealerships owned by the company are all structured to legally be independent entities, not responsible for the others debts.  It's corporate business, plain and simple.  They spend more money to lawyers structuring contracts and paperwork covering their ass than most of us will make in a lifetime.

The situation sucks sweaty donkey balls but it's not right to make someone else pay the original dealers debt.

I did hit the lottery about two months ago. It's not a lot, but so much better than a poke in the stick with a sharp eye. Every morning I wake up and remember very quickly how lucky I am.

I have a life. On the the top 10 problems I have, this bullshit didn't make the list.

I looked through the file with all the car related documents and could not find the contract pages with all the Extended Warranty options. It had a long list of items with a box to check when purchasing, and a running column at each line for price amounts and grand total. I saved every little scrap of paper and all the original paperwork, contracts, owner's manuals. I wasted a ton of time looking to see if it was misplaced. I really wanted to read the fine print. Now we don't know what the deal was. Can't believe the shits not in there.

I can't say it enough. It's not the money. It was how situation was handled by the service writer.

So. I'm butt hurt that a Carr employee lacking in customer service skills got personal with me. If I came across as an asshole customer, there are many different ways to handle that situation. When I found myself getting angry, I stopped talking and left the property as quickly as I could.

You guys that work at the Carr and love Carr Beaverton, shouldn't be butt hurt that I'm bitching about the public face of your company. You need to be butt hurt that one of your co-workers let you down. Or that your management let you down in hiring, training or procedures. We made the appointment for the oil change and we were going to schedule or have them do the 20K service on it. Never got to the part about doing that work. Does that seem like a good outcome for your company?  

This stuff went to the back burner really fast. But I have a few phone calls to make. I'm all about fair and I ain't cheap, or I would have bought a Datsun. But I am going to relegate this to the status of cheap entertainment, sort of like reading Ratsun. I'd like to talk to the people who are the at risk operators of Carr Nissan and get a little sense of their business philosophy. Somebody has real skin in this game. Somebody signs the checks.

That's why I asked who the writer was, and I actually pointed my service manager to this thread, so I wouldn't be surprised if you get a call from him try to make you at least a little less pissed. Also there is always 1-800-Nissan1 that you could pester and they might be able to do something at a Nissan corporate level  for you.

• Like 4