Why Do Buyers of Parts NOT Follow thru With The Sale?

angliagt

I agree - Treat others,as you'd like to be treated. Treat them with respect. It doesn't mean "trust everyone".

What should I do? - Tell the "buyer" to send cash before I ship it? Yes, that's a good idea, and shows no disrespect. It protects you from flaky buyers, and you can still deliver great service.

I try & make sure that they're happy with their purchase. I will refund the money if there's a problem, as I would want others to treat me.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised by the people that want you to drive a car you're selling across a state so they can look at it....

"I'm not driving three hours so you can inspect it."

"Well, I guess you don't really want to sell it then."

"Guess not....." Click.

If you want it, come look on your dime!

• Like 1

What should I do? - Tell the "buyer" to send cash before I ship it,or what?

Shipping items before receiving payment is foolish. Granted there are many who most likely can be trusted 100% but eventually you will get burned. Your 'buyer' isn't truly a buyer until they've paid for your item. Until then, they are just some who has expressed interest just like any other potential buyer.

The good thing is that you've got your items packaged and ready to go, so when a real buyer comes along you won't have to spend as much time getting the parts ready to be sent.

I have sent parts with the promise of members paying when they got the part  as i don't trust Paypal and the goverment ,  Bonvo,, Dirttracker510 ,, Zen_Dog , pretty sure there were a couple more that payed in good faith,  and it makes you feel good to get cash in your mail.

I have gotten stiffed once but whatever,,  his wife /girlfreind is probably out getting porked by a someone that knows what they are doing,, right now.. 

• Like 1

I have sent parts with the promise of members paying when they got the part  as i don't trust Paypal and the goverment ,  Bonvo,, Dirttracker510 ,, Zen_Dog , pretty sure there were a couple more that payed in good faith,  and it makes you feel good to get cash in your mail.

I have gotten stiffed once but whatever,,  his wife /girlfreind is probably out getting stiffed by a someone that knows what they are doing,, right now..

2-energizer-bunny-x-large.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I encountered the opposite problem where I paid and the seller didn't ship the part. Thankfully I got a refund after a month of silence, but I really wanted the part. I have no idea whether they sold the stuff to someone else or just didn't want money.

And again, thankfully another Ratsuner came to my rescue with a part I needed. :)

• Like 1