Alternates to the the "Leno" Datsun

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Canned-food.jpg

Anyone that saw 'CUJO" would never buy a ford pinto.

I would rock that Pinto.Those were a cool car for older guys like me.I had a friend that put a Ford 289 and 4 barrel in one.Hauled ass.This was 1980,before we knew if you got rear-ended BOOM.

• Like 1

Theres not really any Datsuns in AK..

So I got a golf for $1200. I know its wrong wheel drive but still a fun little car. Ive since put 165/50/15s on it instead of the 165/40s in the pic. Removed the sticker on the windshield, new rear wheel cylinders and regreased spindles/wheel bearings n shit. Just need a carpet kit and windshield and its good enough.

00V0V_tmBTom7K7Q_600x450_zpsa4723a04.jpe

• Like 1

I don't know how anyone can say a Datsun is cheaper than a bike unless you're talking about Seven Mudhoney or some high end bike like that.  You can get a roller for five bills but by the time you've got it safe for flight you'll be into it for a grand.  Anybody mention a Ford Taurus? 

Ford Taurus would def fall into the "cars you've had sex in". I think ten speed bikes can be reasonable but by the time you get the power bar polyester suit and strap on cleats, your out at least two grand, not to mention the devorce therapy cuz your wife will no longer have sex with you.

72 Dodge Colt (project) - $400 (Eureka)
00a0a_aZKpD7HJPlT_600x450.jpg
00a0a_aZKpD7HJPlT_50x50c.jpg00q0q_eCqgqauLHoa_50x50c.jpg00u0u_idbnTJloQEo_50x50c.jpg00S0S_8H0M2JOHVcn_50x50c.jpg00404_ceBHcTBC9vo_50x50c.jpg00R0R_4i3vcASAlIz_50x50c.jpg00V0V_c9a06owpb72_50x50c.jpg

1972 Dodge Colt automatic transmissiontitle : clean

Classic, pre-smog Japanese nostalgic hot rod. 
3 months ago the car was driven around the block, but it is in no way a daily driver - it will need to be towed to your destination. Needs lots of work to make it pretty. Comes with tons of parts (trim, interior) from this and other years. New starter and alternator, new tires. Motor needs rebuild, has engine electronic issues, has "no power in run." Currently has a 1600cc motor, and 3 speed slush box. 
It is registered as Non-Operational and the last DMV notice I got last month says you will need to pay $83 to register it again before you drive it, I don't know what it costs to transfer the title but it does not have to be smogged. 
Located in Humboldt County
If you are looking at this ad the car is still available.
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

post id: 4440008985

posted: 

7 days ago  

updated: 

a day ago  

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

I would take them both but I don't own a garage. Saw a purple Toyota Corona for like $800.00 on craigslist. Drives me nuts looking at all the deals, I can't believe people are still hung up on what Jay Leno thinks.

Benny Hill reruns are a cheap alternative to Jay Leno.

• Like 1

The origins of Diamond-Star Motors can be traced back to 1970 when Chrysler Corporation took a 15 percent stake in Mitsubishi Motors, as part of MMC's strategy of expansion through alliances with foreign partners. The U.S. company began distributing Mitsubishis as Chrysler-,Dodge- and Plymouth-branded captive imports (e.g. Dodge Colt), 5]

didn't mean to cut you off