Alternates to the the "Leno" Datsun

The origins of Diamond-Star Motors can be traced back to 1970 when Chrysler Corporation took a 15 percent stake in Mitsubishi Motors, as part of MMC's strategy of expansion through alliances with foreign partners. The U.S. company began distributing Mitsubishis as Chrysler-,Dodge- and Plymouth-branded captive imports (e.g. Dodge Colt), 5]

Lol Sure, the alliance started early on but it's not a DSM. DSMs were what I was driving before Datsuns... I've owned 7 and one Evo prior to the 510. I keep thinking I'll get another one of these days.

Great car if you can turn a wrench. They don't call them "Driver Slash Mechanics" for nothing. They like to sporadically fall a part.

• Like 1
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would take them both but I don't own a garage. Saw a purple Toyota Corona for like $800.00 on craigslist. Drives me nuts looking at all the deals, I can't believe people are still hung up on what Jay Leno thinks.

Benny Hill reruns are a cheap alternative to Jay Leno.

Unless your the Keeper, I don't think we ever have enough garage space for projects :(

Or money. We could always use more of that.

UGiHA.gif

Apples and Oranges with DSM

the Mechanic up the street has two Datsuns, VW bug, and a bunch of other cars, he does it all with street parking. I might be getting a goon because I have to have one. Maybe stash it at my studio where I work. Broke as a joke now tho.

• Like 1

i have been trying to get a hold of bill hischner for about 2-3 months, with only one response saying "yes i still make the adapters"

i have a w58 out of a supra N/A

as i still need that crucial element to start fab. on my driveshaft which will be, half toyo and half mitsu,

for the R154 if you go that route one day..  if you dont already have the driveshaft, the slip yoke out of a mid 80's cressida  has the spline count you need i believe or obviously the driveshaft from the turbo supra  

i have been trying to get a hold of bill hischner for about 2-3 months, with only one response saying "yes i still make the adapters"

i have a w58 out of a supra N/A

as i still need that crucial element to start fab. on my driveshaft which will be, half toyo and half mitsu,

for the R154 if you go that route one day..  if you dont already have the driveshaft, the slip yoke out of a mid 80's cressida  has the spline count you need i believe or obviously the driveshaft from the turbo supra  

Let me talk to a guy who has one and is abandoning his project; he may part with it. Will be easier to get an adapter from him than buying one since it seems his communication sucks. 

What it really boils down to is that it costs money to build a car. If someone has put money and time into it, they expect at least one out of it. Sure the non running "all original barn find" will try and sell for way too much, but the only real reason they try and sell it for that much is one thing- people will buy it. Hell, I paid 1500 for a B210, with a dead cylinder and no title, and the windows were covered in clearcoat from the not so well separated paint booth it was parked next to. Don't blame jay leno, he's not the first dumbass with a camera and an overappreciation of scrap prices.