repo question...

Ya dawg, I would chalk this one up as a lesson about relationships, think of it as a blessing in disguise.

Being out a datsun 210 sucks but doesn't even come close to the thousands ( maybe hundreds of thousands) of dollars that a lady can shake outta you in divorce, child support, loss of your home, your shit being chucked out in the rain. A fucking wedding is gonna cost you at least $5000.00 and that is just the beginning. Move on! Trust me you could buy every 210 on craigslist with the money you'll save. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rules down here say that vintage (35+ yrs old) doesn't need a title to be registered. There is no title to be had. Somewhere along the line it wad lost. The PO I got it from bought it from an estate auction, along with a racing tuned one. Also with no title. My car was just a parts car. Only paperwork I have is a BOS. I never registered it because it has always had some sort of kink that prevented me driving it to the DMV to have it inspected and registered. From what I can gather, the guy who raced B's (who is deceased) would be the last official title holder. The guy I bought it from had no title for it and no motive to hide it from me. So it seems a title is unobtainable.

Any car without paperwork is useless, even if only a bill of sale is required in your state.  Bitches be crazy.  Third, this thread is clown shoes.  Let the car go, buy another with a clear title and registered owner history, then REGISTER and TITLE it so it is yours officially in the eyes of the state.  The only vehicles I pick up without titles are ones I plan on cutting up.

Alabama won't even transfer a title on a vehicle this old, though. 

I remember I went into the DMV with my old 280z 2+2 with a GA title. They just handed it back to me and told me to register it with the Bill of Sale

You get a car that has no title from a guy who got it from a guy who got it from a guy. Five years later the real owner finds it missing from his field and comes for it. Or says stolen to police. WTF happens now? BOS is a meaningless scrap of paper your six toe cousin filled out with a crayon.

What's with the Crimson Tide??? and is Texas a southern state??? If so Raphatutti (w/e) should loose a point.

The problem is that some Southern States don't issue titles to vehicles over a certain age.  You can't even GET the title if you wanted one even if you had the older title from the prior owner.  GA I heard at least you could GET a title if you requested one, but otherwise they don't issue one and the registration becomes proof of ownership, so transfers are done via bill of sale.  Becomes a royal pain in the rear trying to bring a Southern car up to a "everything needs a title" State.  It was nearly as bad when I had to title an Oregon boat trailer- no titles on boat trailers in OR/ID, but mandatory in WA.   

You get a car that has no title from a guy who got it from a guy who got it from a guy. Five years later the real owner finds it missing from his field and comes for it. Or says stolen to police. WTF happens now? BOS is a meaningless scrap of paper your six toe cousin filled out with a crayon.What's with the Crimson Tide??? and is Texas a southern state??? If so Raphatutti (w/e) should loose a point.

hey my cousin is very skilled at toe-coloring books.

PS,

ROOOOLLLLLLL TIIIIDEEEE

Texas wishes it was a southern state.

• Like 1