Where can I get these parts?

soontobe

Hi Guys. 

I'm new to the forum and new to the Datsun world. I am picking up my '72 510 very soon and need some help on where to find the following parts from Tra Kyoto's car.

Fender Flares

Hood Mirrors

Front Lower Body Panel

I'll need more things in the future, but these will be a must for my build asap. Thanks - RJ

tra-kyoto-510-datsun-kei-miura-7-640x426

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since he runs his own shop I believe the flares are made from scratch

And the FENDER mirrors are expensive on eBay, but if you have connections you can get them cheaper from japan. I got mine for $110.

And if you plan on getting a 4 door that low with that wide of offset, good luck. It's hard enough to flare a 4 Dr properly, plus slamming it on top of that will take lots of fabricating.

Flares are one-offs and not available. 

You can usually find SSS bullet mirrors, but the flags are harder to find. 

What do you mean "front lower body panel?" Are you talking about the area behind where the front bumper goes? Using the term 'front apron' will help you when posting an ad in the classifieds: http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/

And if you plan on getting a 4 door that low with that wide of offset, good luck. It's hard enough to flare a 4 Dr properly, plus slamming it on top of that will take lots of fabricating.

Nah just as soon as you have it home ,, get cutter wheel and you can usually approximate how much needs to be cut out.  If holes end up to large for flares,  just pull engine and tranny and wiring out,, out for SR20Det swap,, then all you have to do is find one and ,,,,,,,, wah-lah your done.

Since he runs his own shop I believe the flares are made from scratch

And the FENDER mirrors are expensive on eBay, but if you have connections you can get them cheaper from japan. I got mine for $110.

Why would it be so hard to slam a 4 door? I don't plan on running that low of an offset, I think his wheels poke a little too much, but something similar is definitely my goal. I don't get what would be so hard about it though. Some more info would be great, Thanks!

Why would it be so hard to slam a 4 door? I don't plan on running that low of an offset, I think his wheels poke a little too much, but something similar is definitely my goal. I don't get what would be so hard about it though. Some more info would be great, Thanks!

Because the rear arches go through the rear door. So when youre low and wide for wheels they hit the arch... you cant just cut out the rear arches since they are needed for the rear door. Use the search bar at the top. Theres tons of info and pictures of it. 

http://monterey.craigslist.org/cto/4383166381.html

Someone else on here just mentioned they were going to look at this car....

tra-kyoto-510-datsun-kei-miura-7-640x426

The front apron/valance looks stock to me.

ZG flares are a popular flare to use.

Here is a 4dr build that recently got flares on the rear.  This will show you what everybody is talking about:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/46910-shts-and-giggles-510/page-12

Here are a couple more links that might have some stuff your looking for:

http://www.futofab.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=59&Itemid=66

https://technotoytuning.com/nissan/510

http://www.ermish-racing.com/online-store

Yes I just realized it was a stock front apron!

Makes sense why it's so hard to lower due to the rear arches, but I don't think it's impossible to achieve with a little bit of work.

Thanks for all the info, I really appreciate it!

It all depends on size. Some people cut and flare them but lose the use of the rear door. You might want to do some research on 510s before you think you can tackle it. Its a widely known fact that 4drs are harder to fit wider wheels. Things are always possible, but dont become worth it after you factor money and time into it. 

You should probably buy the car and drive it around for awhile before you decide you want to start hacking it up. 

• Like 1

It all depends on size. Some people cut and flare them but lose the use of the rear door. You might want to do some research on 510s before you think you can tackle it. Its a widely known fact that 4drs are harder to fit wider wheels. Things are always possible, but dont become worth it after you factor money and time into it. 

You should probably buy the car and drive it around for awhile before you decide you want to start hacking it up. 

Yea buddy I agree. I've been in the game for quite some time and have driven and worked on a lot of cars. I would never buy something and start "hacking" it up before I knew what I was doing.

My goal wouldn't be to throw a set of ridiculously wide wheels with stretched tires anyway, just a clean subtle look overall and I happen to like the look of the flares used in my op, but unfortunately they are one-offs.

I may pass on the current car and wait for something else to come along, but thanks for all the info none the less.

Get narrower and /or better off set rims with tires that fit the fender. Fix that poor lowering job with the retarded rear camber by slotting the rear cross member. The tire will still be just inside the flair at the top but the bottom will be directly below it not stuck out like that. The tires will wear better, it will handle better but most of all will look right.

• Like 3

You really think that he was serious?? He was asking to buy a front apron for the car he hasn't even bought yet,,, because he thought it would look ,,,, so dope.  The extent of his research on putting flares on a 4door was post this thread,

The realm..??. The guy doesn't even own a Datsun!!!  ,, He most likely saw that car he uses as an avatar on Xbox or some shit. Or someone posted it on the Honda website his high school isn't blocking.

He's a  fucking Fatlace/stancenation wannabe fanboi  troll and i thought i called him on it in my earlier posts,,,  but my responses must have been to sarcastic.

Anyway

I'm out!!

Even though you were never in.

:rofl: :rofl:

• Like 3