Delta (aka FrankenDatsun)

4oh4

Yes I'm new, if ya don't like it, tough.

So anyways...

Long story short, I scored this from an auto auction near where I live, and (so far) have decided to sleeper this car. its going to be a long road, but at this point, i have nothing better to do. 

now for the part that everyone loves, PICTURE TIME!!!!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I'm new, if ya don't like it, tough.

So anyways...

Long story short, I scored this from an auto auction near where I live, and (so far) have decided to sleeper this car. its going to be a long road, but at this point, i have nothing better to do. 

now for the part that everyone loves, PICTURE TIME!!!!

FNG

This'll help... http://community.ratsun.net/topic/691-how-to-post-pictures-and-keep-online-photo-albums/

• Like 1

I dont know what happened to the pictures. But here they are again( with captions this time).

so i didnt get a good pic of the exterior pre-pulling off the fenders, but the rest of the body seems straight.

FyfI3IJ.jpg

I can tell you that this isnt going to stay here.. so if you need something from here, let me know

Yfnch57.jpg

i kinda see where the previous owner was trying to go ish...

eMYu2dA.jpg

it was only while pulling the motor that I realized that the wiring is a rats nest. (ex)

wJQU9AR.jpg

had to pull the intake to pull the engine. 

fpQMG0i.jpg

this was kinda by accident, but the focus looks kinda cool

HsZTUiK.jpg

but here is what it was supposed to be

eXa5pc5.jpg

I have never seen soo much putty on an exhaust in my life.....

7Sv15af.jpg

and we are done with phase one of (?)

3762iTs.jpg

Here's the imgur album if need be.

http://imgur.com/a/8tYiq

Ford 5.0 fits right in there ... or you could put a bigger 4-banger in.

I don't think that I'm going to put a 302 in there, I just don't feel like being that front heavy. 

Im either going one of two routes on this, KA24de + T, or a miata engine +(eventually) turbo. 

at this point i have sourced several miata engine/trannys, and am having difficulty finding a KA that I can work with. 

That's Metalmonkey's old 210 ... . here's his build thread: http://community.ratsun.net/topic/19795-gloria-the-ratty-210/

24 pages of pics of your 210

Wow, at least I know what was done to it now. Thanks!

Ok, so for the update for today. While I'm waiting on parts/engine to appear, lets tackle that nasty fender.

before (one side)

zEl1htd.jpg

and after(still needs a little bit of filler)

rtT44Of.jpg

• Like 1

Nice!!! Yeah that car is a pos!! But I loved it so dearly. I wanna know wtf happened to some of the shit on there by the PO.

bought it a long time ago from a Mexican dude north of Atlanta for $500. Talk about a nightmare. Painted so many times I gave up on bodywork. Wiring was horrible. Dash was stripped naked so I bent a new one together.

sold it for 1000 and the dude instantly tried to flip it calling it a race car....wtf was he thinking.

saw it at K O towing a few months back and they were supposed to be calling me when it went to auction. I was playing with the idea of a GM lm7 (5 3) swap since they're plentiful and now I have the resources I didn't have when I was 18 and daily driving it.

If you get bored PM me. I could tell you so many horror stories about that car....when i got it, it looked like it had been stripped some time in the 80's. 

FYI if you find my 8mm deep socket in the rear driver fender I'd like it back. 

At this point, I have found that (though it still ran) the engine was shot... The crank moves between .25 and .5 of an inch longitudinaly. I was thinking about swapping a v8 but I don't feel like building a cage to support the amount of HP I can push out of one. So, I'm just going to go with a miata engine trans.

Also, I kinda miss this car and you must be local to me if you just got i from auction, so if you ever need an extra set of hands, LMK. I miss wrenching on this POS.

I still remember changing the busted idler arm in the rain at night so I could drive it to work the next day. Or pounding out crappy wheel studs to the wheel stays on the next time. 

At this point, I have found that (though it still ran) the engine was shot... The crank moves between .25 and .5 of an inch longitudinaly. I was thinking about swapping a v8 but I don't feel like building a cage to support the amount of HP I can push out of one. So, I'm just going to go with a miata engine trans.

That's why I sold it. It was starting to 'knock' so I decided to get out from under it while I still could. Couldn't afford to fix something I needed to drive and at that point could afford something better (if you consider my 620 'better') It was janky from the beginning. If you look under the dash on the passenger side, the whole engine/body harness had been separated for some reason, then taped back together. 

Don't scrap that trans. It was worn, but it's worth money to the right person. 

Of course, I'm thinking im going to make a table out of the block and pistons, but everything else is going to be parted out. I would hate to see useable parts go to the scrapper. That being said, anyone need anything from this motor?

And if I need help with the motor swap, I will let you know.

Anyone know where I could get a decent rear axle?

Of course, I'm thinking im going to make a table out of the block and pistons, but everything else is going to be parted out. I would hate to see useable parts go to the scrapper. That being said, anyone need anything from this motor?

And if I need help with the motor swap, I will let you know.

Anyone know where I could get a decent rear axle?

The axle from an early 200sx (still Datsun) though rare, are good bolt in axles. They are H190 axles like the trucks IIRC, but with a different spline count. Still 4 link and bolt right in, but with factory rear disks.